CMM Programmer/Applications Engineer
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Last Updated:   September 6, 2017
Are you an experienced CMM Programmer that wants to “own” a part of the manufacturing for a growing company? Would you like to have the potential to move into supervision quickly in your next role? If so, this position could be an outstanding career move for you.
Our client was founded in 1980 with just over 3500 sq. feet of manufacturing space. Because of their focus on customer service and quality standards, they have grown to provide a full scope of manufacturing services for the gas turbine and aerospace industries. Today, their facility is about 200,000 sq. feet in order to provide superior manufacturing solutions and comprehensive support of component production. Our client sets the industry standard by providing highly engineered, complex components and assemblies for aircraft engine, airframes and land based industrial gas turbines.
The Applications Engineer/CMM Programmer will assist the Manufacturing and Engineering/Executive Staff by providing technical information using CMM programming and operating skills to assure product quality inspection of first article, regular production and re-run machined parts. They are subject-matter experts who take direction from the Engineering Manager and give others in area task specific instructions while sometimes performing the same duties as area workers. Must be a team player, professional and be willing to interface with customer’s engineering staff, as well as lead and train operators in the shop floor environment. This position has the possibility to include supervision responsibilities if the right candidate desires this move in their career.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a thorough understanding of GD&T, blueprint reading skills as well as experience working with complex parts.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing, aerospace a plus.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including milling, grinding, turning, EDM, WEDM, in addition to knowledge of hot section turbine components a plus.
- Must have experience in Solidworks and/or Siemens NX CAD.
- Experience with open DMIS, Checkmate software, Wenzel CMM’s Sheffield CMM’s, Mitutoyo CMM’s and Renishaw products a plus.
- Ability to communicate will all levels of the organization to effectively serve the organization and outside customers
- Demonstrates business understanding; knows how the functions of a business work and relate to one another.
- Plan, organize and monitor work of self and others
- Communicate effectively at all levels with external and internal customers.
- Balance organizational and individual needs.
- Experience in a Machine Tool environment a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree a plus
Our client has a strong reputation within their industry for employee satisfaction. They have a strong history of steady growth and are looking for a talented individual to help them grow into 2017. The right candidate will enjoy the possibility of promotion and “owning” a section of the manufacturing in order to utilize their strong leadership capabilities.