Controller Construction and Real Estate Industry
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   $90,000-$110,000 based on experience
Last Updated:   September 10, 2017
Our client offers a complete line of real estate experience to its industrial, commercial and real estate clients. They have a strong commitment to the communities in which they operate, and offer Brokerage, Development, Property Management and Construction. The company operates out of its headquarters north of Cincinnati, OH.
The Controller will partner with and support all operating units and corporate departments, and will supervise and direct the Accounting team. The individual in this position will have the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the organization and become a valuable resource to management. Our client is a full service Real Estate organization, and the Controller will be involved in all aspects of the business including Brokerage, Development, Property Management and Construction. The role requires a working knowledge in all aspects of the Real Estate Industry, and will report to the CFO.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will provide leadership in all accounting and compliance matters for the Company. Specifically, the position will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the Accounting Managers and others as needed.
- Complete accurate and timely reporting (within 5 days) close of each period
- Preparation of monthly internal financial statements for each reporting entity
- Provide leadership over the ongoing processing of transactions
- Receiving / Accounts Payable
- Invoicing / Accounts Receivable
- Inventory / Cost Accounting
- Construction Work in Process / Real Estate Transactions
- Property Financing & Reporting
- Fixed Assets
- General Ledger / Account reconciliations
- Cash Management / Forecasting
- Tax Payments
- Collaborate with Assistant Vice President/ Financial Analyst to ensure that Property Management properly bills their services and reports the status of jobs.
- Serve as primary liaison with the Company’s accounting firm for the execution of the financial reviews and preparation of tax returns. Coordinates all other external audits as they arise.
- Work with CIO, AVP/Financial Analyst, and Operating Work Group heads to ensure accurate reporting of operations and projects.
- Work with CIO to complete the implementation of “MRI” and “Computereze” accounting systems and upgrades to other systems as needs arise.
- Serves as resident expert on GAAP, IRS and internal accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all loan and legal documents are appropriately archived.
- Work with CFO & AVP/Financial Analyst to ensure accurate and timely reporting to lending institutions and other users of financial information.
- Assist the Organization in the research and development of systems to lead the Company into the future.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required; CPA and/or MBA a plus.
- Public Accounting experience also a plus.
- Multiple years’ experience (at least three to eight years) in an Accounting management position (Controller or Acct Mgr) is preferred.
- Construction and Real Estate industry experience required.
- Process Improvement project management with the goal of improving controls and/or improving efficiencies considered a plus.
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning and communication skills.
- Ability to schedule, determine priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and experience.
- Commitment to high standards, integrity and ethics.