Customer Service Representative / Industrial Manufacturing Company
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   September 12, 2017
Our Northern Cincinnati based client has been in business for nearly 50 years. With over 150 employees, they are engaged in the business of contract metal manufacturing and coating. Areas of expertise include metal stamping, laser cutting, CNC punching, metal fabrication, manual and robotic welding, structural steel working, sheet metal fabrication, tool and die work, powder coating and assembly.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, this position is one of two representatives managing the customer relationship as the primary point of contact for all daily customer activities. The Customer Service Representative will also work closely with internal departments for timely and effective communication of customer needs.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain a professional and friendly relationship with customers with open communication.
- Process customer purchase orders/releases; verify inventory, pricing, minimum order quantities, revision levels, and lead time.
- Proactively monitor customer releases on a continual basis to keep customers informed and up to date.
- Maintain cloud-based ERP system to reflect current and accurate information.
- Collaborate with internal departments to meet and exceed both customer and company goals (i.e. Project Managers, Scheduling, Department Supervisors, Shipping, etc.)
- Support Customer Service Manager and Sales/Project Managers in efforts with current and prospective customers.
- Assist in reducing WIP and finished goods inventory on a daily basis.
- Support Accounting with any invoicing issues.
- Make cost savings recommendations to benefit the company and customers, such as Min/Max, Minimum Order Quantities, blanket orders, etc.
- Will have the opportunity for additional development by participating in teams such as internal audit, safety, the activities committee, or first responder training.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of customer service experience preferred
- Very strong interpersonal and written skills, including professional email etiquette
- A self-starter with ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong computer skills required, with a preference for prior MRP/ERP experience
- Experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting preferred
This is a great opportunity for the right individual. The Company offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Minimal travel required.