Director of Education Continuum
Location:   Cincinnati, OH / Northern KY
Last Updated:   April 21, 2017
Are you ready to utilize your outstanding leadership and business skills to work in an organization that impacts the lives of an at-risk population? Can you bring innovation and impact through your experience to the organization’s core team and volunteer structure?
Our client is a non-profit agency based in Covington, Kentucky that delivers a holistic, integrated continuum of learning and care to help at-risk citizens step up to their highest potential. This includes education, shared experiences, and the tools to change their lives for the better.
The Director of Education Continuum will provide overall leadership to implement the Life Learning Center’s educational programs, including creating and sustaining instructional volunteer faculty.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development, implementation and oversight of all curricula and materials based on the philosophy of the Life Learning Center.
- Organize and implement the program components including the management of the program calendar and schedule for classes.
- Identify, recruit, select, orient, train, and evaluate all faculty members, building a growing and sustainable Volunteer Faculty to deliver the core curricula.
- Ensure continuous quality improvement and delivery of instructional programming through defined core curricula.
- Develop the performance benchmarks and outcome measures to determine curriculum effectiveness and report on results.
- Work as part of the senior management team to create an effective environment for quality and excellence in delivery of all services provided by the Center.
- Report Candidate class disruptions or performance issues to Director of Enrollment. Participate in disciplinary case conference to address and implement a course correction plan for the Candidate/Member.
- Manage student discipline and appeals. Maintain policies and standards in instruction, student satisfaction, attendance and student success.
- Establish a system for monitoring and evaluating Volunteer Faculty and staff to measure effective delivery of curriculum.
- Develop policies and procedures for Volunteer Faculty that insures the integrity of the curriculum.
- Facilitate and lead regular meetings with Volunteer Faculty
- Coordinate with other Directors to insure the mission is being implemented
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A strong personal commitment to service and contribution to the candidates to be served.
- Proven Management history, ability to organize, lead, direct, and hold accountable.
- Willingness to recruit, to manage and direct a high-level Volunteer Faculty and staff.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience working in a leadership capacity at an executive level with diverse groups.
- Ability to conceive, develop and complete tasks without close supervision.
- Excellent oral and written English grammar and communication skills, including on short notice; negotiation skills; and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend programs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Computer competency and proficiency in Windows/Microsoft Office environment.
- Minimum education includes a Bachelor’s Degree and prefer a Master’s Degree or equivalent military or other experience.
The ideal candidates are those who have proven organizational management experience, ability to train, ability to manage and hold accountable significant numbers of volunteers, business experience as well as education credentials either from experience or university preparation. Candidate is an innovator and has principles they stand on and will not compromise. They are results focused through a commitment to excellence and high quality through perfectionism. This candidate is hands on wants to be part of helping at-risk people and their families change their life …permanently.