Director of Finance & Administration – Crayons to Computers
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   July 8, 2017
- Use your exceptional HR and finance skills to help Crayons to Computers, an organization that gets school supplies into the hands of low income students and passionate teachers throughout the Greater Cincinnati area.
- This position reports to the President & CEO and is responsible for managing and overseeing the organization’s overall financial affairs and human resources functions.
- Responsible for directing the financial affairs of the organization; preparing the fiscal budget; maintaining financial systems, including donor records; establishing procedures and policies to ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of financial data; acting as liaison between the organization, CPA and auditors. Also responsible for directing the planning, development, implementation and administration of the human resources functions, including but not limited to: recruitment, employment, employee relations, compensation/benefits, annual reviews and compliance.
ABOUT CRAYONS TO COMPUTERS:
Founded in 1997, Crayons to Computers has always been driven to bridge the gap between families in need and education. To date, they have successfully distributed more than $150 million worth of free school supplies via partnerships with sponsoring companies and organizations, with no stopping in sight.
Through the Teacher Free Store and Mobile Outreach Program they can offer a variety of materials that support learning, including basic supplies like books, crayons, paper, scissors, and pencils, as well as enrichment and incentive items that teachers can use to motivate and inspire student engagement. Products are donated or purchased at reduced or wholesale prices from partnering companies.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Record all financial records and compile financial information for month-end generation of financial statements by outside CPA and review with Board Treasurer, Finance Committee, Board of Trustees
- Develop and utilize forward-looking predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Serve as the staff liaison for the Board of Trustees’ Finance, Audit and Personnel Committees.
- Participate in Leadership Team meetings and attend Board of Trustee meetings.
- Work collaboratively with CEO, the Board of Directors, and other members of the senior leadership team to establish the strategic plan for the business, annual operating objectives, organizational policies and procedures for attaining business objectives.
- Manage employee recruitment, onboarding and retention.
- Implement and annually update compensation and benefit programs.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain the Employee Handbook.
- Oversee and drive fiscal budget preparation.
- Prepare necessary financial documentation and budget requirements for grant applications and reports.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with CPA, Auditors, Benefits Broker & other related vendors.
- Implement and/or maintain generally accepted accounting systems and procedures.
- Approve purchase orders, manage accounts payable and payroll.
- Serve as the main interface with IT support team.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree, along with a minimum of 7 years accounting, business or other relevant work experience
- Hands-on accounting experience
- Strong computer aptitude, with expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with QuickBooks is a plus
- Human resource experience, including compensation and benefits
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the budget process for multiple departments
- A commitment to the mission of Crayons to Computers
- Be self-motivated and detail-oriented;
- Ability to multi-task with changing priorities and have a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational, time management and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Successfully complete a required criminal background check and drug test.
- See your efforts have a direct impact on the lives of teachers and students every day
- Work with a talented senior management team that challenges each other to be great