Location:   Miamisburg, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   September 18, 2017
Our client is a 75 year old SW Ohio based family owned manufacturing company. They are a world leader in the design, manufacture and installation of high quality process equipment and systems.
This is a newly created role to allow for more oversight of the daily activities in the Engineering Department. This person will be innovative and energetic while developing a strong group of engineers in a very established, successful company. This person will report to the Director of Engineering. The ideal candidate will have a mix of Engineering and Operations experience.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and supervise Design Engineers and CAD Designers as they design and detail the company’s products including MRP bills of materials.
- Evaluate Engineering employees work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence including input on hiring of employees.
- Develop new product designs and improvements within broad outlines provided by senior management.
- Develop and monitor schedules for the completion of product drawings and bills of materials to meet production schedules.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Direct, review and approve Engineering Change Requests generated internally in the department or by Manufacturing and Customer Service.
- Direct and supervise engineering design compliance with ASME Pressure Vessel Code as it relates to the company’s products including documentation for Code approvals.
- Supervise Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments for the company’s products.
- Provide engineering analysis and solutions for product failure and performance issues.
- Provide engineering input and solutions for field repair projects carried out by Customer Service Group.
- Review Sales Orders for major items ($1M or greater) to confirm specification and content.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of equipment, software and services for the department.
- Liaise with vendors, staff, and purchasing personnel regarding component specifications, selection and lead times.
- Identify opportunities and implement changes to improve products or reduce costs based on input from Sales, Customer Service, Manufacturing and Customers.
- Monitor and control rework in manufacturing and field alterations caused by Engineering issues.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Engineering with a preference of Mechanical Engineering
- 10 - 20 years experience in Engineering and Operations with minimum 5 in management role.
- Experience in the design of heavy equipment including welded structures and power transmission systems. Processing Equipment industry desired.
- Working knowledge of 3D design principles.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems.
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis principles.
- Strong business communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
- Knowledge of ASME Pressure Vessel Code is a plus.