Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   $80,000-$120,000 depending on experience
Last Updated:   July 11, 2017
Our client is the leader in motion subsystems, whose technology leadership, application expertise and global footprint make it the ideal partner for custom product development projects. The company is committed to making its customers successful by providing product differentiation and supply chain excellence.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide and interpret financial information to the leadership and management of the Industry Products Group. Manage financial reporting, analysis, budgeting, forecasting, quotations, variance analysis and standard costing for IPG Americas. The position reports directly to the Head of Finance IPG Global, and the Americas Regional Controller. This position is located in Dayton OH.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the budget & forecast process. Play a critical role in the support of all sites with IPG business including Mexico and Argentina
- Drive sales growth through understanding all aspects of business (competition, JE capacity, business circumstances, physics of product cost down to component level, product and component manufacturing process and related costs.
- Finance management and analysis necessary to meet or exceed monthly and annual budget/forecast sales target by analyzing sales information and providing financial support for quotations/opportunity.
- Display a can-do attitude towards meeting the needs of a fast pace changing environment
- Ensure correct Standard Costing for IPG Products
- Validate standard costs per SOP.
- Test standards and understand variances.
- Update DL and POH standards annually.
- Update standards, and provide advice on costs to decision makers.
- Understand which costs to use for decision making
- Undertake variance analysis (rate & efficiency)
- Create margin analysis reports that identify critical areas for improvement
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement in operations, business pursuit and customer service
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to provide complex information at short notice. Use business acumen to provide a complete picture while having incomplete data.
- Constructively challenging operations, engineering etc. to change behavior (materials, process, design) with a view to improving company performance.
- Strong cost accounting experience including variance analysis
- Ability to link operational activities to P&L or B/S impact, and to communicate clearly to non-financial people
- Ability to navigate multiple ERP's, Lotus Notes databases, Cognos databases and SalesForce.com.
- Experience with oracle and converting to Oracle would be useful
- Ability to understand the requirements of upper management, and to feed forward, by clearly communicating financial matters, to positively impact JE business.
- Experience dealing with multiple sites, multiple ERP systems, multiple business segments, allocations between sites and business units for shared costs. Inter region consolidations, currency and commodity impacts, transfer pricing, see through margins etc.