Head of Midwest Learning Center and Delivery
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   March 23, 2017
Do you want to be part of a US “startup” for the manufacturing industry that is well overdo and has 20+ years of success in Europe educating and training advance engineering concepts? Do you have proven success managing an operation focused on cutting edge education? Do you have a desire to be involved in full business development while staying within budget and on target? If so, this could be your next career move.
Our client is the world-leading provider of equipment and solutions for technical education. The product and service portfolio offers customers holistic education solutions for all areas of technology in factory and process automation, such as pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical engineering, production technology, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, CNC, HVAC and telecommunications.
Our client’s products combine theoretical knowledge with practical experience in automation and technology. Intuitive and fast learning is achieved through practical learning systems and learning factories, which make the technologies and processes used in industrial production immediately tangible and illustrate them in an understandable way. Those that participate are able to use these systems to gather the real, practical experience that they need to work independently in industry and quickly contribute to a company’s productivity.
The Head of the Midwest Learning Center and Delivery will be responsible for the full management of the company’s efforts in the Midwest. This person will inherit a well-organized “startup” and will be charged with growing the Midwest operation through operations, sales and delivery responsibilities.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of all aspects of the Learning Center Midwest and Educational Services Delivery
- Manages a small team of sales, trainers and operational staff
- Plan, grow, manage & control the Learning Center business to achieve the company targets
- Knowledge of budget and cost control of training and also P&L responsibility
- Further development of a wide range of product portfolio such as MAP2 apprenticeship program
- Guarantees state of the art quality in training delivery with a focus on an adequate size of a trainer pool (internal and external) and order processing
- Builds the direct interface to the company’s German headquarters
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Entrepreneural ability, an understanding and knowledge of budget and cost controls
- Exceptional managerial and organizational skills; structured, logical thinking
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, team player, motivator, problem solver.
- 10+ years as a manager / leader / sales manager, preferably in the field of technical training or in automation/manufacturing
- Training experience or strong ability of skills development
- Ability to identify market demands and to translate trends into profitable programs
- Deep operational experience with quality management affinity.
- Ability of enthusiastic knowledge transfer.
- Well-developed conflict management and presentation skills
- Outstanding customer orientation
- 4-year degree in Business Management or Engineering
- MBA preferred
This position is in Mason, Ohio. This role is an outstanding opportunity for an individual that seeks a challenging career move in an entrepreneurial environment with corporate backing. The position is opening because of the relocation of the incumbent.