Operations Manager -- Food Production
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   $65,000 - $75,000 + 5% bonus
Last Updated:   June 29, 2017
Join the OPERATIONS team of a food processing start-up division within a 100+ year old company!
CC Kitchens is the newest member of the Castellini Group of Companies, a 100+ year old produce company based in Cincinnati, OH. The CC Kitchens division is a refrigerated, food processing facility that specializes in using fresh produce and meats to create ready to eat items such as salsa, guacamole, fruit salad, vegetable mixes, various salads, assorted deli sandwiches, and much more!
We are looking for an operations manager to join their management team! The manager will report to the Director of Operations and assist in managing the staff, ensuring daily production goals are being met, food quality and compliance standards are upheld, and strategies and projects are executed effectively.
- Oversee manufacturing operations.
- Collaborate with sales and transportation to ensure optimal customer care to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Resolve customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with management regarding operational issues and concerns.
- Work collaboratively with QA Manager to maintain standards and be consistently prepared for periodic food safety audits.
- Maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all processes and procedures in accordance with food safety and food security requirements.
- Oversee management staff in receiving, production and engineering areas.
- Develop team members and establish goals that align with the company’s vision and mission.
- Hire, coach and appraise employee performance.
- Manage the efficient movement of product into and out of the facility, ensuring proper storage, handling, safety and distribution.
- Ensure receiving operations adhere to all quality specifications.
- Manage inventory, ensure proper product rotation, labeling and quality
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ year’s experience in plant operations
- Experience in food production/operations/commissary is required
- Previous experience in staff management
- Experience with food safely and quality: HACCP, GMP, etc.
- Experience with ERP systems or WMS systems or quality systems.