Production Supervisors/ Assistant Production Supervisors/ Team Leads -- Food Production
Location:   Atlanta, GA
Salary:   $30,000-$55,000 based on position and experience
Last Updated:   July 16, 2017
Join the OPERATIONS team of a food processing start-up division within a 100+ year old company!
General Produce is the newest member of the Castellini Group of Companies, a 100+ year old produce company based in Cincinnati, OH. General Produce is the largest full line wholesale produce house in the Southeast and is located on the grounds of the Atlanta State Farmers Market in Forest Park, Georgia, occupying 4 large warehouses.
Castellini and General Produce are building out a new division located at the General Produce complex. This is a refrigerated, food processing facility that specializes in using fresh produce and meats to create ready to eat items such as salsa, guacamole, fruit salad, vegetable mixes, various salads, assorted deli sandwiches, and much more!
We are looking for a number of talented individuals to join the OPERATIONS team in roles including…
Production Supervisors/ Assistant Production Supervisors/ Team Leads
All candidates will report to the Operations Leadership and assist in managing the staff, ensuring daily production goals are being met, food quality and compliance standards are upheld, and strategies and projects are executed effectively. Supervisors and Leads are expected to understand goals and costs while constantly driving out inefficiency and seeking to improve processes. Maintaining a positive attitude and having the ability to work well with a diverse team will be an essential quality of all team members.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for on time startup and correct shutdown of production in assigned department or area.
- Reads and analyzes production data.
- Leads and directs the work flow of multiple areas supervised by direct reports.
- Communicates interdepartmentally to coordinate operations and activities.
- Responsible for safety of employees and seeks solutions to prevent unsafe acts or hazards in areas.
- Responsible for investigating and completing documentation associated with employee accidents and injuries as described in SOP.
- Ensures compliance with production, safety, sanitation, and quality standards procedures.
- Responsible for 5S organization strategies in assigned areas and involves cross-section of team members.
- Weekly 5S Audits are to be conducted in a timely manner and submitted to the appropriate management.
- Facilitates cross training of operators, and other key positions.
- Creates and coordinates employee schedules
- Responsible for controlling overtime and productivity efficiencies based on standard staffing.
- Able to read, understand, identify and communicate potential deviations from schedules, standards, procedures, processes, and recipes, with reasons and impact.
- Recommends hiring and disciplinary actions, evaluates performance, schedules staff and adjusts time system punches.
- Able to investigate, communicate, document, and mediate employee complaints.
- Able to investigate and address employee performance and behaviors with corrective action.
Requirements for ALL Candidates:
- Associates degree or equivalent food production experience.
- Safety and sanitation certifications.
- 2 to 3 years of supervisory experience.
- 3-5 years of food prep, production or equipment experience.
- Freshly prepared food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate in other languages is helpful.
Salary will be dependent upon experience. The roles will be based in Southeast Atlanta.