Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Last Updated:   September 8, 2017
Since 1844, our client has been an innovative pioneer in the development of screening for dry separation. The equipment range includes screeners, size analysis, feeders and conveying machinery. They have recently be acquired by a large Fortune 500 company which opens up significant room for career advancement in the future.
Coordinate the Quality Assurance System for the company’s operations, in accordance with established Company policies, procedures, and objectives. Coordinate technical communications with suppliers to resolve quality issues. Develop standard work for undocumented fabrication and assembly processes. Ensure products, and services meet established standards for quality, and that these standards are aligned with customer needs and expectations. Develop and implement countermeasures for nonconforming processes/products. Manage areas of responsibility with consideration to the efficiency, harmony and well-being of the Company and its employees, with strict adherence to high ethical business standards.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, implement and maintain an effective quality assurance organization and quality system for processing materials into finished products including collecting, compiling and reporting quality data. Develop, apply and maintain strategies to improve equipment performance and reliability, minimize quality costs and increase customer satisfaction
- Coordinate with manufacturing and engineering to develop standard work procedures that produce high efficiency, quality output and uniform performance. Coordinate and conduct appropriate audits to ensure compliance to standards, and verify that our standards are effective.
- Manage and maintain our test / inspection system (receiving, in-process, and final inspection, and subcontractors), including gages, documents, test procedures, and inspection training. Audit the inspection and test processes and inspectors for effectiveness of our inspection and test system.
- Develop and maintain quality plans, audit sheets, standards and procedures required to support sales, engineering, purchasing and production processes.
- Manage and maintain our internal quality assurance system. Train team leaders in the proper use of the non-conformance reporting system. Audit the non-conformance tracking system for effectiveness and to identify training needs. Facilitate the use of non-conformance data into departmental and company quality metrics.
- Utilize metrics developed from non-conformance tracking system to manage root cause/ countermeasure activities.
- Contribute to the organization’s problem solving activities related to lean initiatives. Assist with identification of root-causes and coordination of both immediate resolutions and permanent countermeasures. Recommend procedures, inspections, tests, and audits that improve the quality function of the organization. Learn, understand, communicate, and implement lean systems consistent with company policy.
- Assist in the timely and cost-effective resolution to customer problems. Perform technical analysis of product failures and returned goods, employing appropriate resources from engineering, manufacturing, suppliers, subcontractors, and independent consultants.
- Work in harmony with quality functions at all Company locations, with a focus on consistent global quality standards, procedures, and practices, and with a goal of uniform quality products and services that are independent of location of origin.
- Coordinate quality activities to ensure that goals are clearly defined, that responsibilities are clearly communicated, and appropriate training is provided. Audit activities to verify that implementation is effective and to identify the need for changes.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be action and results oriented with the ability to achieve a high level, sustainable performance and results. Should be bottom-line oriented.
- Should have a strong customer orientation- understand and meet the expectations of both internal and external customers.
- The right candidate will have strong analysis and decision making skills and the ability to solve difficult problems and create effective solutions.
- Needs to be able to effectively respond to change and be comfortable with ambiguity while managing conflicting priorities.
- Clear understanding of lean business practices and able to utilize lean process and tools.
- Strong communication and teamwork acumen
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Engineering or equivalent from a college or university; and at least one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office required.
- Must be able to travel 25% of the time