Sanitation Supervisor -- Food Production
Location:   Atlanta, GA
Last Updated:   July 12, 2017
Join the OPERATIONS team of a food processing start-up division within a 100+ year old company!
General Produce is the newest member of the Castellini Group of Companies, a 100+ year old produce company based in Cincinnati, OH. General Produce is the largest full line wholesale produce house in the Southeast and is located on the grounds of the Atlanta State Farmers Market in Forest Park, Georgia, occupying 4 large warehouses.
Castellini and General Produce are building out a new division located at the General Produce complex. This is a refrigerated, food processing facility that specializes in using fresh produce and meats to create ready to eat items such as salsa, guacamole, fruit salad, vegetable mixes, various salads, assorted deli sandwiches, and much more!
We are looking for a Sanitation Supervisor to join the management group. Under the direction and guidance of the Sanitation Manager and QA, this person will coordinate and lead the activities of the sanitation team to ensure the production floor is within Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines and government standards to meet customer demand.
- Works with employees and management to assure that work areas are properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Maintains all Sanitation departmental records
- Interprets and enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Evaluates department staffing and equipment efficiency.
- Performs Sanitor evaluations.
- Evaluates, corrects (When needed) effectiveness of Sanitors cleaning abilities.
- Assures all FDA and HACCP regulations are being adhered to by area Sanitors.
- Will assign daily job tasks to meet production schedule needs.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists Sanitors in resolving work problems.
- Investigates test results that may not be in compliance to set HACCP and FDA standards.
- Adjusts work procedures, or personnel to meet production, HACCP and FDA standards.
- Schedules all Sanitation work shifts daily and weekend.
- Assures that all new Sanitors receive their Food Safety, HACCP, Chemical and safety training.
- Works with HR to provide safety training for Sanitors
- Creates and rewrites Sanitation SOP’s.
- Performs weekly chemical checks on various chemical concentrations and dispensing units.
- Issues retraining and discipline sessions for corrective actions and non-compliance.
- At random will inspect equipment and cleaning procedures within different areas of the plant.
- Will work with maintenance and under the guidance of Quality Director to meet specific sanitation requirement such as CFS- Infrastructure and Equipment cleaning.
- Establish an effective Master Cleaning Schedule that would cover all infrastructure and equipment cleaning other than daily tasks.
- Work with the Quality Director, to meet customer requirements
- Practice continuous improvement.
- Participate in training opportunities
- Ability to follow safety & GMP requirements and ability to identify and report to Management Food Safety and Quality Issues
- Perform all other tasks as requested by Sanitation Manager and/or QA Department.
- Follow all safety guidelines required by company
- 2+ years experience in the sanitation field preferred
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in a food manufacturing environment
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience in a leadership role
- Experience directing and coaching others
- Experience writing and/or updating SSOPs
- Must pass background and drug screening
Salary will be dependent upon experience. The roles will be based in Southeast Atlanta. Depending on the role, some limited travel to Cincinnati for training and/or management meetings will be required.