Vice President of Asset Management -- Commercial Real Estate
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Last Updated:   April 21, 2017
Our Cincinnati based client is a rapidly growing developer and manager of prime commercial real estate properties in Greater Cincinnati, Columbus and Indianapolis is seeking a Vice President of Asset Mangement. This highly visible and interactive position is responsible for implementing our overall debt strategy for acquisitions, developments and refinancing while also enhancing and expanding our banking relationships and resources.
JOB SUMMARY: The Vice President of Asset Management will oversee the portfolio of commercial and real estate assets comprised of approximately 4,500,000 square feet of industrial, flex and retail and office space located in Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Columbus. This executive will provide day to day leadership and oversight of asset management team, effectively organize and execute organizational goals and objectives.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively monitor and manage owned assets to maximize short-term distributable cash flow and long-term economic value in the context of larger organizational goals
- Perform detailed financial analysis and prepare periodic asset management reports senior management and ownership
- Identify, develop and implement value added strategy with respect or existing assets as well as potential acquisitions assess and recommend value-add opportunities such as improvements, repositioning, refinancing and etc.
- Develop, draft and present material recommendations regarding the property’s operations, capital plan or investment strategy to portfolio management team
- Manage the development and implementation of business plans, leasing plans, operating budgets, and financing program for each asset
- Monitor the progress of construction, improvement projects and capital spending throughout the year for adherence to approved plans
- Interface and manage relationships with operating partners and third-party service engineering consultants, leasing agents, brokers and etc.
- Report on performance, budget variances and significant changes in assets and respective markets
- Work closely with the investment team, property managers and tenants to develop strong relationships
- Execute approved solutions
- Perform special ad hoc projects and analyses
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate from a respected university. MBA preferred
- Proven supervisory skills
- 10+ years of experience in real estate and asset management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in concise and timely manner
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. MRI experience would be useful
- A successful candidate must be a self-starter willing it independent balance many tasks at a given time
- Independent, self-directed, takes initiative
- Proactive, assertive decisive
- Strategic in approach
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Good-natured; likes to have fun
- Appropriately risk taking
- Non-bureaucratic; enjoys informal, less structured work environment
- Flexible; ability to “think on his/her feet”