AM Applications Engineer
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   January 24, 2019
POSITION TITLE: AM Applications Engineer
Our international client, BeAM Directed Energy Deposition, manufactures industrial metal 3D printers/additive machines using the DED technology. This company is searching for the right fit as it expands its US location in Cincinnati, OH.
The group has developed innovative repairs of critical parts, but also qualified aeronautical repairs at the world’s highest level of additive manufacturing qualifications. They are looking to grow this segment of their business in the Americas while developing new industrial applications. The company made big developments in Europe and is excited about its growth in USA and the Americas.
The successful candidate will be responsible for becoming a technical expert using all our client’s products and solutions. This person will also be responsible for ensuring their assigned machine installations and projects stay on track. This is an outstanding opportunity with an innovative enterprise offering international and domestic exposure and the ability to grow a thriving company in the US. The role reports into the Director of Engineering.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become a BeAM Machines technical expert
- Program, set up and operate all BeAM machines
- Trouble shoot machine, laser, chiller, atmospheric controls and powder feeder problems
- Train customers to safely set up and operate BeAM machines
- Lead/assist on site during machine installations
- Train customers on use of Power CLAD or other CAM platforms
- Perform customer tests and evaluation projects at BeAM Machines Inc.
- Assist global engineering TeAM
- Create DOE’s based on customer or internal requests
- Assist with developing technical documentation
- Develop material/process parameters
- Support or act as a field service technician
- Train customers in safety standards and procedures
- Assist in the development of quality standards
- Assist in Business Development efforts
- Attend technical conferences and trade shows as needed
- Attend customer visits for technical discussions
- Assist with marketing materials (Case studies, pictures, videos)
- Provide estimated cycles times for customer part studies
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have hands on Additive Manufacturing machine experience, preferably in metals.
- Mechanical Engineering degree preferred but experience is an acceptable substitute
- Must have a minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience
- Must have CAD-Solid modeling experience, CAM and milling a big plus
- Must have experience in Machine Tools, CNC Controls, G and M Codes
- Working knowledge of metals, material science and general machining practices
- Working knowledge in lasers
- Experience in Aerospace/Defense is a plus
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to travel 30% of the time