Location:   Dayton, OH
Salary:   based on experience
From the frontiers of pharmaceutical and biomedical research, to the front lines of disaster relief and conflict, and throughout the cold chain's last mile, our client’s active and passive cold chain solutions ensure that temperature-sensitive goods arrive unadulterated and with their efficacy fully intact. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, our client is an extremely fast-growing international company.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for the general ledger, closing the books, financial reporting and accounting infrastructure, maintaining accurate records, as well as assisting with developing an appropriate level of internal controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department.
• Oversee the accounting operations of business units, control systems, transaction processing, and overall consolidated financial reporting.
• Prepare, analysis and distribute monthly financial statements
• Ensure financial accounting methods and procedures are performed in accordance with GAAP.
• Process Improvement of Financial and cross-functional departmental transactions.
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of general ledger information and chart of accounts.
• Ensure accurate product costing and adequate product pricing; reporting variance to senior management.
• Ensure accounts payable and accounts receivable are maintained in a proper timely manner.
• Ensure customer invoicing is accurate; approving all customer credit memos prior to processing.
• Analyze and interpret financial data; recommend changes to improve system and financial performance.
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
• Provide financial analyses as needed for capital investments, pricing, and contract negotiations.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Must be detailed oriented
- Manufacturing and inventory costing experience
- Possess advanced mathematical and analytical skills
- Respect and maintains confidentiality
- Follow fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles and standards when committing fiscal resources or processing financial transactions
- Excellent communicator-can operate at all levels of the organization