Automation Engineer/Designer – Emerson Delta V
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation.
They are looking for an Automation Engineer/Designer with Emerson Delta V experience. Reporting to the General Manager, this person will be a key catalyst for growth serving one of Jedson’s top customers. The successful candidate will build strong collaborative relationships internally and externally, have strong project and process skills, be well spoken and personable, and be a strong advocate for the Jedson team.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lean, flexible, capable of working with different customers and delivering projects in different ways.
- Eager to grow
- Curious, continuous learner
- Background in delivering projects in the industrial space
- Enjoys working on different projects at the same time
- 5-10 years of experience designing and/or implementing Emerson Delta V systems
- Preferably experience with both hardware and software design (either/or works, but both is preferable)
- Preferably experience in consulting engineering or construction working for industrial customers but not required.
- Preferably Rockwell/Allen Bradley, Siemens experience
- Preferably experience with Wonderware/OPERA
- Preferably experience with Rockwell PlantPAx
- AutoCAD experience is preferable
- Ensure engagement with clients in an ethical and professional manner and always being an ambassador for Jedson while adhering to all standards of quality
- Perform activities to improve the reliability and efficiency of operations
- Analyze existing methods and recommend modifications necessary to improve and streamline the process
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university
- 5-15 years of related experience in automation engineering
- Demonstrated experience in driving projects within budget from initiation through a successful and timely conclusion
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and foster positive client relationships