Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Interested in a key accounting role offering a lot of visibility and an opportunity to interact with executive management? Do you enjoy cross functional teams and the opportunity drive results? This is an excellent role where you can contribute significant value to a top company.
Architecture is equal parts art and science. It’s simultaneously creative and analytical. Each day offers new opportunities in the field of architecture and a strategy to overcome project challenges. Champlin Architecture is an innovative, design-driven firm invested in pushing creativity, collaboration, and construction to deliver unique buildings that inspire through form and delight through function.
Some people see office life as a daily grind, but at Champlin, we break the mold and make office life fun. With events like summer scavenger hunts, outings throughout the year, chili cook-offs (which, aren’t for the faint of heart), and holiday parties, we keep our employees happy and healthy! We are committed to enriching the lives of the people and communities we serve by providing health and wellness activities for our team. With on-site seminars, wellness coaching, competitions and special events, we know how to work hard AND play hard.
Because of recent growth and expansion, our client needs a Billing Specialist. The role will focus on billing enabling the organization to scale and grow. As a Billing Specialist you will undertake a variety of financial and non-financial tasks. Your main goal will be to help guarantee the company’s revenues. You will be reporting directly to the Controller. You will also be responsible for working with the Principals to determine appropriate invoicing and processing of incoming payments, along with the issuing of necessary paperwork associated with payments.
As one of the most innovative and fastest growing firms, Champlin Architecture is always looking for people that enjoy a creative environment.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating of billing status with project managers
- Preparing of monthly progress billings
- Prepares credits / billings per established guidelines and / or contracts in an accurate and timely manner
- Researches any invoicing discrepancies and makes any necessary corrections
- Files payment remittance documents, correspondence, and invoices
- Maintains relationship with client's’ A/P Manager, inform clients on their outstanding debts and deadlines
- Updates status of billing and A/R with firm's Principals
- Receive and sort incoming payments, post bills, receipts and invoices
- Regularly update accounts receivable database
- Assist with the operations of the accounting department to achieve the department's goals and objectives
- Back-up support for any other accounting needs as requested or needed
IDEAL CANDIDATE’S QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) years of experience as a Billing Specialist or similar role, preferably in a professional service organization
- Passion for accuracy and financial data
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Critical thinker, problem-solver, creative
- Team player
- Good time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BS degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Deltek is preferred