Business Development Director - Direct Marketing Services
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   $90,000-$120,000 based on experience + bonus
Last Updated:   November 16, 2017
- Do you have a background in new business development selling consumer analytics, consumer engagement, consumer marketing and/or consulting services to utilities, regulated industries or Fortune 1000 companies?
- Can you also grow business within existing clients by expanding relationships and solutions?
- Can you comfortably initiate a business conversation with clients to understand their goals and challenges? Can you connect a client’s business strategy to the value proposition of your services?
- Are you collaborative, confident in your ability to sell, assertive and reliable?
- Are you insatiably curious, and have a passion for providing exceptional solutions to your clients?
- Can you quickly build confidence with prospects, clients, and internal team members?
Our Cincinnati-based client is a consumer analytics and marketing firm that leverages analytics to optimize marketing results for its clients. They provide analytic services, marketing strategy and program execution services that enable their clients to improve customer engagement and long term customer loyalty.
They are seeking an exceptionally talented sales professional to join the sales team as a Business Development Director and report to the SVP Sales. The Business Development Director is an individual contributor charged with new business development and enhancing relationships with current clients.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Develop new and existing clients to generate new business revenue. Develop relationships at multiple levels within an account.
- Target potential clients, develop relationships and learn their business.
- Earn the trust of the client-- have open dialogue about their needs, challenges and opportunities.
- Work with internal teams to develop and present solutions that meet the needs of clients.
- Represent the company at industry conferences.
- Educate potential and current clients of the value of customer analytics in improving marketing effectiveness. Teach and explain complex concepts to buyers.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- History of career stability with a maximum of three employers in the last ten years
- An understanding of direct markting/consumer marketing/engagement/loyalty and analytics
- Clear history of successful new business development selling professional services
- Minimum 7 years of direct B2B sales experience calling on executives and their teams within large companies
- Experience selling to utilities or regulated businesses a plus
- Experience with direct marketing, direct mail, or consumer engagement
- Large volume sales experience ($250k plus per sale)
- Success with broad range of sales cycles (six to twelve + months)
- Experience teaching and explaining complex concepts to buyers
- Knowledge of Insights Selling, Strategic Selling and/or The Challenger Sale techniques
- Experience working with a team to accomplish your goals—both within a customer with many influencers as well as internal to develop and execute solutions. This is not a lone wolf position!
- College degree is required
- Ability to travel 30%
- Become a game changer in a highly visible industry
- Enjoy financial rewards with uncapped upside
- Get things done with very limited bureaucracy
- See your efforts have a direct impact on the success of the business