Business Development Manager
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   November 30, 2018
Our international client manufactures industrial metal 3D printers/additive machines using the DED technology (Directed Energy Deposition). This company is searching for the right fit as it expands its US location in Cincinnati, OH.
The group has developed innovative repairs of critical parts, but also qualified aeronautical repairs at the world’s highest level of additive manufacturing qualifications. They are looking to grow this segment of their business in the Americas while developing new industrial applications. The company made big developments in Europe and is excited about its growth in USA and the Americas.
Are you interested in taking your career to the next level utilizing your technical expertise and strong business development network? The successful candidate will have an interest in playing a key role in developing and driving strategic initiatives into larger, targeted accounts. This is an outstanding opportunity with an innovative enterprise offering international and domestic exposure and the ability to grow a thriving company in the US. The role reports into the GM/North America with a dotted line to the Global Business Development Director based in Europe (HQ in France).
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Together with the General Manager and Global Business Development Director, continue to develop business strategies in concert with cross functional teams allowing for market growth and company profitability in North and South America.
- Play a key support role in developing and driving strategic initiatives into larger targeted accounts
- Direct innovation while identifying new sales leads and potential new markets, qualifying and fostering new leads, providing technical presentations and continually expanding network
- Maintain and build current relationships through in person, phone and social media interactions
- Provide Business Development Team with clear and concise information by updating pipeline information, maintaining salesforce data and providing status reports on potential projects
- Support customers to identify valuable application and work with Application Engineering team to leverage them
- Attend conferences, meetings and industry events to generate new business
- Provide customers with ROM estimates, quotes and other pricing information
- Work independently with an innovative, entrepreneur drive
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree required preferably an Engineering Degree. MBA a plus
- 3-15 years of experience preferably in a metals manufacturing environment or sales of capital equipment. With a proven track record leading innovative initiatives and business development efforts
- Experience selling into the Aerospace, Energy and/or Oil and Gas industries is a plus
- Must be able to communicate effectively with engineers as well as C-Suite executives
- Exceptional organizational and teamwork abilities
- Outgoing, proactive, dedicated and motivated with excellent communication skills
- Travel up to 50% including occasional international travel