Capital Accounting Manager
Location:   Northern Kentucky
Salary:   based on experience
Are you looking for autonomy in your next accounting role? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment with opportunities to work with highly talented professionals in a team-oriented culture? This position may be a fit if you can bring immediate value through industry knowledge and a self-initiated approach.
Our Northern Kentucky client believes that life is about more than just the destination; it’s about how you get there. To do this they must foster a culture of trust, collaboration and fun. A culture that appreciates individuality and diversity while encouraging innovation and continuous improvement. Fueled with passion and a greater purpose the company is striving to reach new heights and greater achievements, becoming an essential part of people’s lives
This position is responsible for managing the financial accounting related aspects of capital assets.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Chief source of information regarding capital/controllable asset related financial information recommending provisions of an ensuring compliance to capitalization policy.
- Responsible for recommendation of expenditure classification (capital vs. operating) to top level management.
- Accounts for capital/controllable asset inventory in a database environment. Includes integration of capital asset data with the Capital Project Master Database, the Computerized Maintenance Management System, and the general ledger.
- Monitors capital projects and assets for completion, capitalization, componentization, impairment, and/or disposition.
- Assigns useful lives to capital assets/components; monitors assigned useful lives for deviations.
- Assigns amortization/depreciation expense to appropriate cost centers; monitors for deviations or changes.
- Manages and coordinates periodic physical inventory of capital assets throughout the organization.
- Communicates and coordinates with wide variety of personnel throughout the organization at all levels.
- Manages recording of all transactions and maintenance of all documentation related to assigned duties.
- Reviews and approves contract payments related to capital projects.
- Manages update of information to all stakeholders (departments, top management, Board, external auditors, oversight agencies, etc.)
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CMA, CPFO, or CPA preferred.
- Must maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance.
- Detail oriented and very analytical and strong organizational skills
- Knowledgeable in GAAP, accounting regulations and reporting
- Project Management and contract management