Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   November 30, 2018
- Are you a strategic business and financial leader looking for a challenging opportunity with an innovative architectural firm in Cincinnati?
- Are you motivated by the opportunity to directly impact the growth and success of an entrepreneurial business?
ABOUT CR ARCHITECTURE + DESIGN
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio with four regional offices, CR architecture + design manages eight areas of market expertise nationally and strives to be recognized as the national design expert in the market segments they serve. Their projects focus on design creativity, technology, energy, value and most importantly - client service. As a market driven design firm, CR maintains a balanced project workload, equally divided between the public and private sectors. CR’s design practices are measured every day by their commitment to four values: Passion, Collaboration, Integrity, and Innovation. They work to inspire, nurture partnerships, and transform ordinary spaces into extraordinary places.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the President/COO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, job costing, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
- Provides leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensures credibility of Finance/Accounting group by providing timely and accurate analysis and reporting of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Takes hands-on lead for developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost to revenue system with a focus on KPI’s such as Utilization.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization including month and year end activities.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with senior executives to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provides executive management with advice on the financial implications of the operations of the business and key activities.
- Manages processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company.
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensures that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- Prior CFO or financial leadership experience in a small to mid-sized company with business model transformational experience
- 15+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the architecture, engineering and/ or construction industries
- Working for B to B services-based company and experience is highly desirable
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred
- Prior working knowledge and experience with Deltek is desirable but not mandatory
- An understanding of the Entrepreneurial Operating System framework of managing a business is desirable but not mandatory
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization including staff at remote locations.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- A 24/7 mindset towards the management of the business
Compensation and Benefits: This position offers a competitive base salary plus a strong variable compensation opportunity, 401K plan, and comprehensive benefits package.