Chatfield College President
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you ready to lead an organization into its next phase of growth and community impact?
- Are you passionate about empowering students to achieve a brighter future for themselves and their families?
- Do you enjoy being the face of an organization with community partners, donors, business leaders and public officials?
- Can you develop and execute strategy with a talented management team and committed Board of Trustees?
Chatfield College, with campuses in Cincinnati, Ohio and Brown County, Ohio, is hiring a new President to lead the organization to fulfill its mission and ensure continued financial health. The President will lead an experienced management team and a total staff of 40. In addition, Chatfield employs approximately 75 full and part-time faculty and serves upwards of 500 students each academic year.
About Chatfield College:
Founded by the Ursulines of Brown County, Chatfield College is a private liberal arts college offering the Associate of Arts degree at campuses in St. Martin and OTR (Cincinnati). Chatfield is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, meaning credits will transfer virtually anywhere. Students of all ages bring their high school diploma or GED and are guided through the enrollment and financial aid processes.
Chatfield College is an open-enrollment Catholic college, rooted in the Legacy of the Ursuline Sisters, believing in the potential of every person, and accepting of people of all faiths. We offer a small collaborative learning environment with a deep sense of community, and personalized support. Chatfield meets students where they are and empowers individuals to better themselves, their employability, and their futures.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The President will provide leadership and administrative oversight for all strategic and operational aspects of the College to fulfill the organization’s Mission and ensure financial sustainability. This position serves as the chief executive officer, working with and reporting to the Board of Directors. The next President will lead the growth of the College through the introduction of new academic programs and the expansion of online learning options.
- Support and advance the mission of Chatfield College
- Represent Chatfield College to prospective students, visitors, faculty, donors, alumni and the general public
- Serve as a member of the Board of Trustees and all board committees, including, but not limited to: Executive, Academic, Mission Effectiveness, Finance & Administration, Buildings & Grounds, Planning, Advancement, Marketing and Nominating
- Preserve and protect the College’s accreditation status with the Higher Learning Commission
- Oversee and lead day-to-day operations of the institution, including but not limited to academics, finance, administration, marketing and recruitment, fundraising and development, buildings and grounds, and strategic planning
- Ensure the successful introduction of new program offerings and the expansion of online courses to grow enrollment and increase retention
- Serve as the liaison between the board and staff
- Represent Chatfield at the Greater Cincinnati Collegiate Connection (“GC3”) and other professional organizations and associations
- Collaborate with other academic institutions, community organizations, and the business community to create, sustain and strengthen partnerships and advance the image and reputation of the College
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Chatfield College
- A practicing Catholic, preferred
- Master’s degree or higher in educational administration, business or related field
- Strong business acumen, with overall management and P&L responsibility for a non-profit agency or business entity
- Meaningful fundraising success with major gifts, capital campaigns, and foundations
- Experienced and comfortable with being the face of an organization with community agencies, donors, and a variety of stakeholders to increase awareness and establish new partnerships
- Track record of developing creative marketing initiatives to increase awareness and grow revenue
- Proven ability to build, mentor and effectively manage a committed and highly competent leadership team
- Demonstrated success working with an engaged Board
- Well-organized with strong communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver presentations to diverse community groups
- Experience working in higher education a plus
- Established network of potential supporters/donors in the region a plus
- A collaborative relationship-builder
- Confident, natural leader
- Visionary with an innovative spirit
- Embraces cultural diversity
- Strong self-awareness
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute
- Motivates and empowers staff
- Inspires a diverse group of stakeholders
- Exceptional communicator, listener and learner
- See the impact of your work on the lives of students and their families
- Work with an experienced, passionate management team and staff.
- Collaborate with an engaged and supportive Board
- Lead the College into the future as an innovator and leader in the field