Chief Client Officer
Location:   Cincinnati OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you a strategic business leader looking for a challenging opportunity with an innovative architectural and engineering firm in Cincinnati?
- Are you motivated by the opportunity to utilize your sales and business development experience to directly impact the growth and success of an rapidly growing business?
- Do you have a client-centric focus and passion for driving profitable revenue?
ABOUT CR ARCHITECTURE + DESIGN
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio with four regional offices, CR architecture + design manages eight areas of market expertise nationally and strives to be recognized as the national design expert in the market segments they serve. Their projects focus on design creativity, technology, energy, value and most importantly - client service. As a market driven design firm, CR maintains a balanced project workload, equally divided between the public and private sectors. CR’s design practices are measured every day by their commitment to four values: Passion, Collaboration, Integrity, and Innovation. They work to inspire, nurture partnerships, and transform ordinary spaces into extraordinary places.
ABOUT THE POSITION
CR Architecture is looking for a strategic leader to grow their business across multiple domestic market segments. As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Client Officer (CCO) will report to the President/COO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CCO will lead and manage a Vice President and multiple Directors and their teams to drive the reputation of CR through client satisfaction, revenue growth, and superior service delivery. The CCO will have a strong leadership presence and skill set that is directly impactful and equally influential. An equal emphasis shall be placed on growing both existing and new business. The CCO must collaborate effectively with all departments, vertically and laterally ensuring all priorities are properly aligned. Success will be measured by the Net Promoter Score client feedback loop and the individual’s ability to meet or exceed projected annual sales goals through successful business development and client development efforts.
- Create a clear client development strategy that encompasses all business segments and delivers on the company’s sales and growth objectives.
- Provide leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Communicate regularly with other departments and executives, reporting on client activity.
- Build, develop, and manage a team of client-centric business leaders.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Drive and own the strategic roadmap to grow clients’ business by broadening service offerings.
- Build and deliver “trusted advisor” reputation while growing revenue and profitability, building relationships by trust through competency, delivery and thought leadership.
- Become a subject matter expert on client’s business model while being the industry expert for the company on all relevant market and financial data.
- Own CR’s client KPI’s including the P&L and the Net Promoter client feedback loop.
- Advocate for the client and reinforce all internal positioning as being client centric.
- Captain’s the company to be “on message” with clients and centrally manage client perceptions of the company.
- Serve as CR’s thought leader and brand ambassador at networking and industry events within professional organizations and with internal staff.
- Achieve growth goals nationally by building on existing business opportunities and securing new business. Drive lead development and forge relationships with targeted prospective clients.
- Recommend changes to infrastructure (people, processes, tools) based on recognized opportunities and gaps.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years of previous leadership experience within the architecture or related professional services industries required
- Bachelor's degree in Business related field (MBA preferred)
- Architectural Degree with superior leadership and demonstrated business experience a plus
- Well-connected in the marketplace with a reputation as an expert leader by past clients and peers.
- Strategic thinker who can connect vision and strategy to tactical execution.
- Strong presence and leadership skills with proven experience in building and managing cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational development skills with confidence to develop and delegate.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, build and hold teams accountable, and achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, engage and build trust with clients and staff.
- Strong market knowledge with financial, analytical and business acumen.
- Ability to listen and size up people (high EQ).
- Must be a proactive self-starter with a track record of making good decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting CR and client needs.
- Exceptional references.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization including staff at remote locations.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- A 24/7 mindset towards the leadership of the business
Compensation and Benefits: This position offers a competitive base salary plus a strong variable compensation opportunity, 401K plan, and comprehensive benefits package.