Clinical Analyst, Council on Aging
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
THE OPPORTUNITY: Join the mission-driven team at Council on Aging, where no matter your role, you are valued as an integral part of our work improving quality of life and promoting independence for older adults and people with disabilities in our community.
- Want to work with one of the fastest growing populations in the United States?
- Have a desire to improve outcomes, promote independence and enhance quality of life for individuals of all ages?
- Want to work for an organization whose mission and values you believe in, and where you are respected and valued as an employee?
If your answer is yes, then Council on Aging has a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for you.
ABOUT COUNCIL ON AGING:
Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (COA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing quality of life for older adults, people with disabilities, their families and caregivers. We promote choice, independence; dignity and well-being through a range of services that help people remain in their homes for as long as possible.
Our mission: Enhance people’s lives by assisting them to remain independent at home through a range of quality services.
JOB SUMMARY: Collects, analyzes, and interprets data for purposes of clinical compliance, risk mitigation, and utilization management for COA. Determines the best ways to measure quality, compliance and performance. Reassesses ongoing performance according to department standards.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Clinical Compliance, Risk Mitigation and Utilization Management:
- Collects, reviews, and analyzes data to assess organizational performance across the agency to ensure employees meet department standards and funder requirements.
- Develops, plans and leads department focused reviews. This includes designing the review, creating review tools, establishing timelines, assigning reviews, securing department manager or senior leader support, performing data analysis and presenting final report.
- Provides informational sessions related to performance monitoring tools and processes.
- Develops and presents audit findings, recommendations, proposals, reports and analysis; both written and oral. Identifies metrics to reassess performance.
- action plans, as appropriate.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Assists in identifying quality metrics for assessing performance. Assists in determining how issues of greatest impact may be measured using available data sources.
- Prepares reports on findings according to department standards for department managers, VPs and other key staff. Tailors reports as needed to fit a wide variety of audiences.
Additional Job Functions:
- Member of a high performance self-directed work team. Serves in the leadership role for reviews related to the department for which they are the assigned liaison. Serves in the support role for team members who are leading department reviews. Serves as liaison between long term care department they are assigned to and the Compliance unit.
- Expected to manage all aspects of their own work.
- Receives calls from various internal and external customers requesting assistance or information. Provides a timely response or referral to the correct person, providing exceptional customer service.
- Participates in committees, work groups, and projects to support COA.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of COA’s purpose, mission, and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or nursing, as well as licensure as a LSW, LISW and/or RN.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify complex analysis, tailor presentations and training for a wide variety of audiences including staff, senior leaders, and board members.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and the ability to learn new software applications as needed.
- Ability to understand the work environment and competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting project goals.
- Understand project lifecycle.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.