Commercial Director – Bulk Containers
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Our client (a significant subsidiary of a publicly held company), is one of North America’s leading providers of reusable plastic packaging systems, helping customers in the manufacturing, distribution and food industries improve supply chain performance and reduce material handling costs. Focused on customer-driven innovation, our client offers a broad selection of bulk and hand-held containers, pallets and transport products. They provide superior custom capabilities that fit your precise applications. Their comprehensive market knowledge, attention to quality and dedication to customer-driven innovation adds value at every step of the process. Plus, they are committed to protecting the global environment. Put that package together and you get your single, reliable source for high-quality, cost-effective reusable packaging and material handling systems.
The Commercial Director will develop the Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) commercial organization and execute commercial strategies to penetrate key accounts. This position is responsible for leading CPG customers in packaging conversions while managing a team of 5 Sales Managers. The Commercial Director is responsible for business development in Food & Beverage customers, revenue/margin expansion, talent management, and the overall effectiveness of the IBC commercial organization and its deliverables.
The IBC Commercial Director is a player/coach role, responsible for penetrating large food and beverage customers, leading packaging projects, and achieving growth. The commercial role focuses on the headquarters and key decision makers at accounts, while coordinating closely with local stakeholders at the customers’ other operational locations.
In addition, this role will lead collaboration efforts across the sales, marketing, operations, and engineering teams in preparation for advancement to a Business Unit Leader role, based on high performance in the role.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with VP/Business Unit Leader to develop and execute Annual and Strategic Plans based on an in-depth understanding of markets and customers served
- Develop and drive the strategy to achieve profitable growth with targeted customers
- Develop sales strategies for core market segments and core geographical markets leveraging insights from customers and stakeholders, external market trends, to develop actions to support the growth strategy of the company
Sales Planning and Management
- Manage and lead the sales team to grow strategic markets above the market growth rate
- Develop a performance driven sales team with relevant key performance indicators and compensation structure to exceed the company’s objectives
- Forecast and report on order intake, revenue, development of the markets and relevant Sales KPI´s for business overview
- Assure the alignment of sales plans and forecasts with all other business related processes within the organization as a basis for active resource management
- Proactively manage and communicate fact based changes in the markets, customers and competitors of the company
Team Leadership and Development
- Identify, develop and monitor development plans for direct reports and high potential leaders to build a high performance culture and capability
- Build a culture of engagement and accountability, cascading vision, and goal alignment
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business Management, MBA or other post-graduate degree a plus
- 10+ years related experience
- 5+ years’ experience in successful leadership of a sales force and 3+ years of key account management experience
- Proven track record of enabling a sales organization to grow business
- Experience developing people and building organization plans to ensure organizational readiness and capability to meet changing business conditions
- Confident with financial data analysis, sales and product calculations and budget planning/control
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with CRM systems
- Willingness to travel (50 % -75%)