Location:   Cleveland OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   January 7, 2019
Are looking for autonomy in your next accounting role in Commercial Real Estate? Do you want a great career path? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment with opportunities to work with highly talented professionals in a team-oriented culture? This position may be a fit if you can bring immediate value through industry knowledge and a self-initiated approach.
Our client is a fast paced, highly successful national developer with a thriving office, industrial, retail and multi-family portfolio. This position is based in Cleveland, OH and offers a variety of benefits inclusive of competitive salary, bonus eligibility, benefit availability, free parking, on-site gym, gym membership and the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of people.
The Construction Accountant will report directly to the Assistant Controller and work closely with internal Development and Construction teams. He or she will spearhead the accounting tasks associated with construction projects and will have oversight of project accounting and documentation throughout the lifecycle, including detailed expense review, budget-to-actual variance investigation, and preparation of internal management reporting. Additionally, he or she will apply general principles of cost accounting to conduct studies which provide detailed cost information, not supplied by general accounting systems
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On a daily basis, work with vendors to process accurate invoices, manage purchase orders, and monitor job progress for overruns.
- Process check runs and monitors PO’s and lien waivers weekly
- Analyze Job Cost reports and manages setting up of projects and running reports in the MRI job Cost Module.
- Manage the MRI Job Cost System.
- Manage Capital Approval OnBase (electronic forms) system.
- Calculate and post capital management fees
- Open A/P audit
- Handle escalations from A/P as it relates to vendor relations
- Prepare and reconcile Sales Tax payable
- Track and report construction management fees
- Complete lender draw packages
- Actively participate in monthly budget to actual reviews
- Project budget uploading, tracking, and reporting utilizing the job cost software, MRI
- Perform detailed budget to actual variance review with the development and construction teams to compile monthly summary reporting to leadership.
- Manage draw requests/requirements and ensure pending issues are resolved to allow for the timely release of payment
- Report to leadership regarding the remaining funding available for projects
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar or equal position
- A strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience with MRI
- Ability to manage and maintain multiple ongoing projects
- Ability to take ongoing projects and establish new processes and controls
- Ability to investigate past projects for full and complete process implementation and close out
- Excellent listening skills and strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex issues