Location:   Cincinnati OH, Mobile AL, Savannah GA, or Raleigh NC
Salary:   $70,000 - $135,000 based on experience
Last Updated:   February 6, 2019
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH; Mobile, AL; Savannah, GA, or Raleigh, NC
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation.
Reporting to the location’s General Manager, the Construction Manager ensures projects run according to schedule, meeting financial objectives and Jedson’s core goals while exercising independent judgement. Skillfully navigates the wide array of tasks and responsibilities required to successfully deliver projects while providing the highest level of customer service. Coordinates pricing and proposals with contractors on projects. Monitors construction timeline and ensures that contractors are maintaining schedule and budgets. Review/approve monthly contractor billing to ensure request aligns with work completed to date. Closes out projects at completion, ensuring all final invoices and contractual commitments have been processed.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize and direct all construction-related activities related to EPCM projects to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule; meets accounting requirements; and is completed to quality standards.
- Plan, coordinate, and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned projects.
- Authorize/approve all project personnel transactions (hiring, transfers, wages, etc.), purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Primary client contact for all project-field activities.
- Maintain official project log and documentation files.
- Interpret and implement safety programs.
- Estimate task/project costs and work duration; coordinate labor, materials, and subcontractors, etc.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 or 4 year degree in Engineering or Construction is preferred, but not required.
- Candidate will have extensive knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations as related to Construction work.
- 5 years Construction management experience related to industrial and manufacturing facilities. (Facility and Plant engineers who have managed large projects as lead Project Engineer are acceptable)
- Computer skills required with preference given to candidates with knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and documents in order to manage project and perform cost estimations for change orders, work completed, and work remaining.
- Organizational skills and ability to accurately track and submit job cost, schedule, and safety related details to office personnel.
- Ability to work well in a team setting and communicate effectively with clients, designers, engineers, field staff, suppliers/subcontractors, and other contractors at job sites.
- Ability to self-manage daily and weekly activities in order to aggressively complete project and management requirements.
- Ability to re-organize project tasks and task priorities as necessary to ensure client’s project milestones are met.
- NOTE: This position will require approximately 70% travel to be available on appropriate construction sites.