Continuous Improvement Leader
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
From the frontiers of pharmaceutical and biomedical research, to the front lines of disaster relief and conflict, and throughout the cold chain's last mile, our client’s active and passive cold chain solutions ensure that temperature-sensitive goods arrive unadulterated and with their efficacy fully intact. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, our client is an extremely fast-growing international company.
The Continuous Improvement Leader will have responsibility to drive significant and sustainable product and cost reduction through efficiencies and process improvements.
Apply Lean Manufacturing concepts, including Six Sigma initiatives to improve manufacturing processes. Conduct continuous improvement workshops/meetings. Assist and support all manufacturing areas by leading and participating in lean projects with the goal of delivering significant improvements in areas of Safety, Quality, Manufacturing, Delivery and Cost. Assist with the coordination of continuous improvement activities within each area. Assist staff with lean implementation (5S, Total Productive Management, Value Stream Mapping, etc.) Develop communication boards onsite to display area metrics. Serve as a lean mentor and coach to all levels of the organization in the implementation of lean manufacturing concepts. Promote and drive the changes necessary to implement these concepts.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, update, and own the continuous improvement processes, metrics, and any associated tools
- Using Lean Manufacturing, Lean Product Development, and process improvement techniques, quantify the opportunity for improvement.
- Devise and implement improvement projects to realize significant waste reduction in current products and processes.
- Act as a change agent, systematically driving a Continuous Improvement culture
- Train and lead Kaizen and lean workshops to site leaders and associates, including VSM, daily management, standard work, problem solving, layout/cell design, material flow, TPM, 5S and visual management
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of an ongoing project funnel, being filled from all areas of the business
- Train, coach and work with all associates in identifying operational improvement opportunities.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated experience building a culture of continuous improvement via lean manufacturing capabilities and development.
- Process improvement qualifications (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Lean Product Development) must be demonstrated.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing industry with significant roles as Process Improvement Engineer or equivalent.