Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   February 1, 2019
- Are you looking for a financial leadership position where you can influence the business every day?
- Do you appreciate the opportunity to work in a nimble organization where decisions are made quickly?
For over 30 years our client, a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati, has provided full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation.
Reporting directly to the CFO, and through hands-on leadership with the COO and CEO/owner, the Controller will bring needle-moving value by leading a finance team which supports all offices, business lines, project managers and corporate departments.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the CFO and COO to identify and implement profit-enhancing and risk-reducing processes and actions
- Develop and maintain close relationship with project managers to understand the financial status of each project and – as necessary - ensure timely administrative actions (e.g. invoice approval, change order processing, etc.)
- Understand/optimize the use of project controls to provide a tight interface between daily project activities and accounting/finance.
- Maintain and, as necessary, augment company KPIs, metrics and dashboards; identify and investigate variances and trends
- Lead and further develop the finance team
- Prepare accurate and timely interim (monthly) financial statements and attendant explanation of variances from forecast
- Maintain relationship with external audit firm and facilitate/coordinate the annual audit process
- Proactively maintain relationship with banking partners and provide timely and accurate information as required
- Maintain a strong internal control environment and, as necessary, augment or update financial / accounting processes policies
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Solid understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition criteria from prior experience either in industrial or commercial construction, contracting or engineering environment or in a public accounting practice heavily focused on such clients
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning and communication skills
- Motivation to address “tactical details” and strategic acumen necessary to see “the bigger picture”
- Ability to schedule, determine priorities and meet critical deadlines
- MBA and / or CPA
- Multiple years’ experience leading a finance or accounting team
- Sales, use and income tax experience across multiple jurisdictions
- Evident process improvement and/or profit enhancement experience
- Prior working knowledge of Deltek Vision.
NOTE: At this time we are focusing on candidates from the Cincinnati regional area.