Director, Customer Integration and Success
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Our client, Apex Supply Chain Technologies (https://www.apexsupplychain.com), is defining the future of order management and supply chain processes with its innovative, scalable hardware and software solutions. In the industrial and distribution markets, its products allow companies to control the flow of materials, supplies, equipment and critical parts, based on true demand. In the retail and foodservice markets, its self-service automation solutions help companies provide a fast, no-wait experience. Apex provides solutions to over 17,000 corporate users worldwide. With world headquarters in Mason, Ohio, Apex has offices in Australia, Germany, Poland, the UK and Latin America.
The Director, Customer Integration and Success will partner with the Sales teams to increase success and minimize time from close of sale to customer implementation start/go-live of solutions. This will be accomplished through the development and management of sustainable, repeatable, efficient and customer friendly methodologies. The Director will lead teams of Project Coordinators (pre-sale), Customer Support (post-sale), and Field Service employees.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand customers/markets and their needs vs the products, services and solutions offered to address those needs.
- Manage customer-focused implementation and support activities and teams executing successful smaller and larger complex customer rollouts.
- Create efficient, integrated, and scalable processes to successfully implement and transition to ongoing Customer Support.
- Manage current third-party providers of support for devices and develop additional providers to match growing market applications.
- Identify, contract, certify, and manage third-parties as a part of installation team.
- Coordinate issue resolution efforts with customers across the various functional organizations, mobilizing the resources required to expeditiously address concerns/issues.
- Capture and communicate customer needs/desires to the Product Management and Technology teams.
- Hire, manage, grow and develop customer-focused team of order management, project and installation management, field service, and customer support staff.
- Create a customer-focused, continuous improvement culture within team and foster across organization including developing metrics to measure performance and improvement.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or the equivalent
- Strong analytical skills, good business acumen, and the ability to span boundaries and achieve goals in a matrixed environment
- Possess strong leadership qualities, resourceful, energetic, effective negotiation, interpersonal, communication, and management skills
- Proven skills in building and redefining customer installation and service teams and satisfaction metrics to meet the evolving needs of customers
- Strong B2B customer and technical support experience, with a minimum of 5 years customer-facing relationship management experience required
- Ideally, experience in the capital equipment and/or software services industries with experience supporting software, hardware, and firmware
- Knowledge and expertise in Process Improvement methodologies and tools (e.g. Lean or Six Sigma)
- Ability to manage projects, gather data, organize ideas and implement solutions
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, verbal and written
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to adapt to change
- Excellent time management and organization skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong team building skills and the ability to drive progress across a matrixed organization