Director of Engineering
Location:   Lawrenceburg IN
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   January 4, 2019
Are you an Engineering Manager that is ready to move to the next step? Would you like to work for an established company that is experiencing current growth and has plans for considerable growth in the next 5 years? Would you like to report directly to the President and really be able to drive change and collaboration?
With over 40 years in business, our client is a leader in the design and manufacturing of custom parts and components for OEM’s in the packaging, processing and industrial industries. They take great pride in innovation and making sure they take time to understand the client’s needs and challenges.
The Director of Engineering will oversee the planning and development, implementation and maintenance of engineering methods, processes and operations for new and existing products. They will manage policy deployment in the area of employee empowerment, quality, cost reduction, on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and department performance. The Director of Engineering will have 8 direct reports encompassing design engineering, manufacturing engineering, quality, and tooling.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management and development of the Engineering Department – the current staff consists of some early career and some very experienced employees. Create a culture of teamwork, set objectives, measure employees and set the strategy for the department
- Will be part of the leadership team of the organization and will provide strategy for all aspects of the business to drive continuous improvement and operations excellence
- Along with the President, will prepare and meet financial objectives and budgets
- Champion a “learning environment” both for their direct reports as well as being an active learner themselves
- Act as a key customer facing leader of the company. Will work closely with the engineering leadership at the client companies in order to provide world class engineering services and products
- Coordinates with Sales and Operations to ensure that engineering produces designs that are manufacturable and meet the customer’s expectations.
- When necessary, will step into a tactical role to efficiently service the client – this could include product development, troubleshooting or customer interface
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience leading and developing an Engineering group. Proven success at mentoring and managing high potential direct reports
- Ability to troubleshoot, delegate, actively listen, think critically, and manage time efficiently. Provide feedback and coaching in “real time”.
- Significant experience in decision making, navigating complex situations and formulating logical conclusions
- Bachelor’s in engineering