Director of Finance and Customer Care - Warehousing/Distribution Industry
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   $70,000 - $90,000
- Join an established, highly reputable company that is a leader in its industry
- Be part of the management team leading the company
- Embrace a family business culture that values integrity, respect, professionalism, and innovation
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client is a 65-year-old privately held Cincinnati Company. They produce, sell and distribute high-performance specialty gases to location as well as national accounts. As a leader in bioscience, research and industrial gas services, they are committed to finding innovative and cost-effective solutions for their customers and industry.
Our client serves a large base of dynamic industries including healthcare, food and beverage, floral, electronics, energy, manufacturing and others.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Finance and Customer Care will be responsible for managing the finance function of the company. In addition, they will manage a team of 4 account managers in the customer care group.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Provide financial insight, guidance, direction, management and recommendations.
- Lead financial planning (budgeting and forecasting) and reporting processes that are timely and accurate.
- Oversee financial statement preparation.
- Maintain effective relationships with credit providers and the outside accounting firm
- Provide analysis and reporting on gross margins/profitability for product lines, customers, departments, and geographies. Make recommendations on customer pricing based on the analysis.
- Assist with preparing and revising customer contacts for optimal pricing/profitability.
- Analyze current ERP / Financial systems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Understand the business sufficiently to:
- Explain financial results in a business context (provide the story behind the numbers),
- Recognize/ prioritize opportunities for process improvement
- Assess financial risk / rewards of growth and other strategic initiatives
- Update, communicate and (as necessary) develop financial and operating metrics.
- Manage a team responsible for responsibility from order entry to delivery with customers.
- Identify process/system improvements.
- Foster a culture of excellent service and timely feedback to customers.
- Reinforce the company’s core values throughout the organization
- Build company morale and enhance employee engagement
- Help to create a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company
- Assist hiring and onboarding new team members, assist with HR strategies and programs to strengthen the brand which may include recruiting, performance management, coaching and training, and development of staff at all levels.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years management experience
- Experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, or distribution environment
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering exceptional customer service
- An entrepreneurial approach and “can do” attitude