Director of Financial Reporting
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   $100,000 - $125,000
Last Updated:   May 18, 2018
CLIENT SUMMARY: Our Cincinnati-based client has the distinguished reputation for training prominent professionals from across the globe and providing leading-edge research in the health care industry.
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Financial Reporting reports directly to the Corporate Controller and manages a team of nine accounting professionals.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director, Financial Reporting will report to the Corporate Controller and be responsible for the oversight of financial reporting for UC Health which includes completion of the company’s consolidated annual audit report, annual audit reports for several employee benefit plans, monthly financial reporting to senior management and the Board, required regulatory surveys, tax reporting and compliance, and ad hoc requests.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- CPA required
- BS degree accounting required; Masters preferred
- Public Accounting (Big 4) experience HIGHLY preferred.
- Hospital and/or Not for Profit Sector experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NFP and healthcare accounting in accordance with GAAP.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and engage, motivate, and energize
- Must possess unquestionable integrity and confidence to make good decisions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate financial processes and application of GAAP to hospital management, senior leadership and external auditors.
- Is actively committed to driving results and meeting or exceeding the expectations of our employees by creating an atmosphere of learning, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Strong intelligence, both in critical thinking and conceptual reasoning.
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Office.