Director of Human Resources
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   December 14, 2018
CLIENT SUMMARY: DuBois Chemicals has been serving customers since 1920 and have experienced incredible growth in the last few years. Their value-added specialty cleaning and process solutions are designed to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of customers around the world.
Here are a few examples of the various markets we serve:
- General manufacturing
- Pulp and paper making
- Transportation cleaning
- Water treatment
DuBois is a privately held industry leader in using innovative and sustainable solutions for customers. They strive to be the best in listening to and serving customers.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, DuBois has nearly 1,000 employees in locations across North America, two of which are union facilities. The Cincinnati office, laboratory and production facility occupies 105,000 square feet and has over 150 employees including scientists, customer service representatives, and production associates.
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of HR is responsible for the direction and management of all Human Resources functions. This includes providing consultation to the DuBois Executive Management Team on all organizational matters and accountability for the development and implementation of HR programs and policies in support of the company’s overall business strategic operating plan and objectives. This is a very fast-paced environment where multiple priorities must be managed simultaneously and may change at any time based on business priorities. The entire leadership team considers themselves as “working managers” at all levels and does what it takes to support the needs of the business. This is an opportunity to join an organization that works hard and plays hard.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish an HR foundation that is consistent, reliable, trustworthy, and always supportive of business needs and priorities.
- Lead the due diligence for potential acquisitions and related organizational, HR process, and systems integration in an effective and expeditious manner.
- Provides coaching and consultative support to executives and managers at all levels of the company.
- Provide creative and flexible solutions to organizational issues and opportunities.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization's employee information needs. Manages the ongoing oversite of the company’s recent implementation of Ceridian.
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state, and local legislation on organizational matters and remains current with trends and technology.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline and minimum of 10 years of HR leadership experience.
- Experience in integrating new acquisitions.
- Experience with Private Equity owned or start-up environment.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills.