Director of Properties
Salary:   $120-$145,000 + bonus + benefits based on experience
Our client is a leading multi-faceted real estate focused investment company with a national footprint and significant investments in the Cincinnati and Denver metro areas. The company has a 50-year legacy of designing, developing, constructing and operating real estate assets of the highest quality. The company’s track record includes a diverse mix of investment in and development of over 100 build-to-suit office and industrial projects, over 40 full service and select service hotels, business parks, and luxury residential properties.
The company has made the decision to bring in-house the management of their properties. As such, they are seeking a Director of Properties to develop the team, processes, and technology needed for this function. Reporting to the CFO, this Director will be responsible for hiring and managing their own team.
The Director will take full responsibility for the company properties, which include initially the following components:
- Six Office Buildings in Greater Cincinnati comprising approximately 1,100,000 sq. ft. currently, as well as another building containing 250,000 sq. ft. in Denver.
- Three one story buildings including both single tenant and multi-tenant office type users located in Greater Cincinnati.
- Multiple land developments and holdings in both Greater Cincinnati, Denver, and smaller parcels in other locations.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, hire, train, and manage a team of professionals needed to perform this function to the highest level of quality and service.
- Set up initial process and procedures; continually seek out best practices to incorporate.
- Assist with the set-up, management, use, and reporting of the selected property management system.
- Management and maintenance of the properties in a high state of quality and responsiveness.
- Recruit, direct, and manage maintenance personnel and property managers.
- Preparation, analysis, and execution of annual property budgets and forecasts (Revenue, expense, and CAPEX).
- Review and sign off on tenant CAM, real estate, insurance, and other tenant recovery billings.
- Coordinate property management reporting and associated processes with corporate controller.
- Assist with collection of delinquent rent.
- Foster close relations with tenants.
- Assist with tenant coordinator on seamless tenant move-ins and expansions.
- Negotiate lease renewals and expansion of leases.
- Provide consistent management reports to upper management and/or to partners that have an interest in the properties.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years in real estate related enterprises
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Experience with property management systems, Yardi a plus
- Experience with :
- Property management maintenance
- Property management accounting
- Tennant relations, improvements, etc.
- Lease renewals