Financial Systems Consultant
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   February 11, 2019
- Does the opportunity to make an immediate impact in Fortune 500 Companies intrigue you?
- Are you passionate about driving innovation in financial reporting?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment?
- Do you want to be part of an innovative and nimble team?
- Are you tired of the stodgy environments of many traditional financial firms?
Our client is a fast-growing consulting firm whose consultants design, deliver, and sustain solutions for Oracle Hyperion and OneStream software. In addition, the consultants work with Fortune 500 and mid-market clients on long-term profitability management and insightful, predictive financial planning solutions.
With ground-breaking HR policies to support their people, formal mentoring relationships with a senior team member and a commitment to serving their clients with the utmost quality and business advisory focus, this firm provides an excellent opportunity to be a trusted business advisor.
The Consultant position is responsible for helping the firm’s clients build high-quality consolidation solutions that create value beyond external reporting. This role works closely with the client’s corporate finance team and helps companies go beyond high-level reporting, tailoring their applications to meet the needs of multiple decision makers within the finance organization.
The successful candidate will share the firm’s pride and enthusiasm in crafting and executing solutions that have value, meaning, and impact for others. Success in this organization is measured by client satisfaction, not billable hours.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to communicate with, present ideas to and deliver solutions for C-Suite client contacts, specifically the CFO
- Take responsibility to solve problems with an approach of extreme ownership for helping to improve the client’s financial reporting and processes
- Learn, understand and become expert on the client’s financial systems and processes
- Develop and execute the implementation strategy, work plan, system configuration, and process mapping
- Execute agreed upon project plans to meet milestones and deliverables
- Formulate tasks and plans and execute them with relevant internal and external resources
- Develop and refine clients’ processes to maximize operational effectiveness and meet financial needs
- Identify areas of financial and control risks for clients and develop appropriate resolutions
- Communicate project status, issues, and successes to all stakeholders
- Manage risks, opportunities and resource needs
- Travel (up to 60%; typically, in the Midwest and Eastern half of the U.S.) is an expectation for this position, but company policies limit travel to Monday-Thursday and to no more than three weeks in a row.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related financial area; MBA or CPA helpful
- Three-to-eight years of financial/accounting or consulting experience
- Microsoft excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including being an attentive and excellent listener
Self-starter who gets things done efficiently and seeks a high standard of excellence