Freight Procurement Manager
Location:   Toronto, Canada
Salary:   based on experience
POSITION TITLE: Freight Procurement Manager
Votorantim Cimentos North America (VCNA)
Our client owns and operates a network of ready-mix concrete plants and aggregate facilities in a variety of locations throughout North America. They offer a full line of ready-mixed, decorative and high-performance concrete, as well as aggregate products, making them one of the largest suppliers of these materials in the region. They are also a member of an international group of materials suppliers, allowing them to achieve synergies and economies of scale, strengthening their ability to provide excellent service and top products to builders of all sizes.
This position is located in VCNA’s North American Headquarters in Toronto, in the province of Ontario, Canada. The search is currently limited to candidates in the Toronto regional area. Reporting to the VP of Shared Services in Chicago, the Freight Procurement Manager will manage activities related to purchasing of freight and transportation services for the Cement, Ready Mix, and Aggregates business units, including sourcing of new freight carriers and maintenance of existing relationships. This position will also manage the compliance aspects of the haulers’ onboarding process and maintenance of the documentation of available haulers’ pool.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiate commercial, technical and quality conditions with vendors and haulers
- Manage local agreements, ensuring that established objectives are met and/or recommend adjustments, as required
- Partner with Operations teams on planning activities
- Manage all P2P transactions related to freight
- Support Accounts Payable on payment troubleshooting and vendor reconciliation
- Ensure working capital strategy by managing DPO and supply chain finance targets
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures. Identify and recommend improvements and customizations to the SAP system to ensure the system meets required business needs.
- Lead projects to increase automation or improve efficiencies. Drive standardization in the Procure to Pay process
- Manage one Analyst – including recruiting, training and resource allocation
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in a manufacturing or transportation/distribution industry preferred
- Requires 7 – 10 years’ experience in Logistics, Transportation Services Procurement, or similar role with a strong understanding of Logistics, Procurement and Accounts Payable functions preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP and Ariba strongly desired
- Ability to work independently as part of a Shared Services Team that is co-located in Chicago and Toronto.
- Strong proficiency with MS-Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word) along with the ability and interest to learn new tools and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment