Manager of Projects – Jedson Engineering
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Manager of Projects will lead a portfolio of multiple industrial projects from proposal to closing, assuring delivery of all project requirements to include scope, schedule, cost, and client satisfaction. As a working project manager, the Manager of Projects will lead both other project managers and projects of their own. The successful candidate will also ensure compliance with established project management procedures and contribute to project delivery continuous improvement initiatives.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively foster and manage client relationships to support project and scope definition, project execution, and change management through all forms of communication media.
- In concert with other Managers of Projects, plan, organize, and lead project management resources to include assigning individual project leadership, generating project execution plans, conducting regular project reviews, and identifying and implementing adjustments as required
- Provide leadership for project teams by clearly defining objectives, building, coaching, and motivating team members to attain them in compliance with contract documents.
- Effectively plan, organize, lead, and control projects, ensuring projects achieve specified outcomes in accordance with defined scope, schedule, and budget.
- Utilize traditional project management tools to generate status reports regarding project and/or program performance, metrics, risks, and mitigation plans as required.
- Create individual project and resource priorities, making individual or collective priority adjustments during execution to maintain client, portfolio, or company objectives
- Generate or approve all project related financial transactions in accordance with company policies.
- Provide feedback on team member performance, documenting issues in accordance with company policies.
- Providing administrative leadership for 2 to 5 project managers.
- Interpret and implement safety programs
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Industry experience in Chemical, Consumer Products, Food & Beverage, and/or Pulp & Paper industries
- 15 to 20 years of demonstrated industrial project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change with competing demands
- Ability to self-manage daily and weekly activities in order to aggressively complete project and management requirements.
- Experience drafting and submitting capital funding requests, budget proposals, and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Experience in leading multiple projects and programs to successful outcomes.
- Ability to work well in a team setting and communicate effectively with leadership, clients, designers, engineers, field staff, suppliers/subcontractors, and other contractors at project sites
NOTE: This position will require approximately 30%-50% travel to be available on appropriate project sites
We value our talented employees and understand that they have needs beyond the ones in their daily work-life. We are committed to continually evaluating our benefits program to better meet their personal needs. Our current benefits include:
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Plan
- Life Insurance Programs
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Paid Personal Time Off and Holidays
- Other Region Specific Benefits
We recognize that in today's fast-paced society, there are more pressures than ever before in our personal lives. In an effort to lessen those burdens and provide a good balance between work and personal lives, we do our best to accommodate those personal needs and commitments by offering our professionals:
- Modified Work Week
- Employee Assistance Program - Provides free, confidential counseling services and a professional referral service to help employees faced with life challenges
Professional Development and Recognition
In addition, part of our initiative to encourage and reward employee professional development and achievements, we provide:
- Career Planning
- Professional Registration Reimbursement