Location:   Madison, Indiana
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   February 18, 2018
Known for innovation, ethical business practices, and a strong commitment to providing quality products and service, Grote Industries is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of vehicle lighting and safety systems. Founded over one hundred years ago, Grote has remained family owned from the day William Grote opened the doors for business.
Focuses on the design, operation, control, and optimization of chemical, robotic, and material transformation processes. Responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production processes. Manufacturing Engineering support for existing products/processes and Quality Management Systems, as well as supporting New Product Introductions (NPI).
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, specify, and purchase new manufacturing technology and equipment.
- Develop cost-effective and reliable production processes.
- Prepare samples for study and develop testing protocols.
- Collect, record, and transcribe data from process equipment.
- Communicate process data and conclusions via coherent and intuitive reports for review by operations, engineering, and management.
- Evaluate and improve on production processes and manufacturing systems.
- Troubleshoot process issues and develop innovative solutions.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Support production objectives for equipment uptime and yield on a daily basis.
- Provide suggestions during incident investigations.
- Advise and implement corrective actions to Internal and Customer Concerns.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience designing and optimizing automated manufacturing processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science Discipline
- Electrical Circuits and Electronics
- Material processing and equipment relative to thin film manufacturing and/or LED processing
- SMT technology and processing
- Lamination technology and processing
- Automotive Lighting Industry
- DFMEAs and PFMEAs, and their use in guiding the development of process controls in the assembly process.