Marketing & Events Manager (Part Time)
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Do you enjoy planning and executing memorable events?
- Are you a confident and positive self-starter who loves to set and exceed sales and marketing goals?
- Are you looking for a flexible work schedule and a job where you aren’t stuck behind a desk all day?
- Do you have an appreciation for historic architecture and local history?
About Peterloon Foundation
The historic home of Cincinnati developer and arts patron John J. Emery and his wife Irene is a combination of Georgian and Queen Anne styles and when finished had 36 rooms, 19 fireplaces, and 21 baths. Originally sited on 1,200 wooded acres in Indian Hill, the house was built in 1928 to rival the grandest houses of America and Europe. Peterloon offers a unique combination of indoor and outdoor spaces for social gatherings, corporate events and other special occasions.
In 1979, the Emery family created the Peterloon Foundation to continue the charitable work of John J. and Irene Emery and to oversee the house and grounds. Since then, it has been the Foundation’s mission to maintain Peterloon for the benefit, education and enjoyment of the greater Cincinnati community. The Foundation also provides charitable contributions to human service, health and welfare, educational and cultural organizations throughout the metropolitan Cincinnati area.
What you’ll be doing
- Plan and execute creative programming/events that bring guests to Peterloon.
- Attract and book events including weddings, rehearsal dinners, corporate meetings/gatherings, fundraisers, nonprofit events, dinners, and more.
- Develop and execute a marketing plan to increase awareness of Peterloon as well as event bookings.
- Meet with potential clients to show them the Peterloon property and convert visits to bookings.
- Implement a social media and paid marketing strategy to increase awareness and drive event bookings.
- Update and maintain the Peterloon website and other marketing materials.
- Reach out to area businesses to promote Peterloon as an event venue.
- Work with local media outlets to promote Peterloon as a premier event site.
- Manage annual marketing budget.
- Recommend changes that will increase event bookings.
- Develop relationships with vendors and community partners.
- Seek opportunities to create new vendor and community partners and strengthen existing partnerships.
- Maintain lists of preferred vendors and add to the list, as appropriate.
- Conduct vendor tours before events and serve as point of contact.
- Collaborate with other members of the Peterloon team.
- Maintain regular communication with the Executive Director and other Peterloon team members to ensure smooth execution of events and high client satisfaction. (This position reports to the Executive Director.)
This is a part-time position with the expectation of
25-30 hours a week.
- 5 or more years of event sales/execution experience with evidence of successful client conversions.
- Familiarity and experience with the local wedding market (preferred)
- Experience developing and executing marketing plans
- Experience managing professional social media accounts, updating/managing websites, and coordinating print/digital ads. Media relations skills are a plus
- Experience managing budgets
- Basic graphic design skills
- Ability to form strong and mutually beneficial relationships with vendors and community partners
- Desire and ability to work independently
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and confident with strong client management, project management and interpersonal skills
- Availability to work evenings/weekends when necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Help clients execute beautiful and meaningful events that exceed their expectations.
- Generate revenue for a Foundation that supports local charitable organizations.
- Help spread awareness of a piece of Cincinnati history.
- Enjoy a flexible and positive work environment with others who love what they do.