Mechanical Design Engineer
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Our client is a 75-year-old family owned manufacturing company based in SW Ohio. They are a world leader in the design, manufacture and installation of high-quality capital equipment and systems.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer will provide and ensure technical excellence and practicality as a professional individual and team contributor supporting and applying mechanical engineering analysis, concept design and detailed mechanical design for new, existing and legacy products and parts. The MDE will work closely with other departments to produce high standards in his/her work applying sound engineering and business practices focused on the continual improvement of quality, accuracy in design and the advancement of technology. The MDE will be relied upon to develop, support and drive all aspects of mechanical design engineering associated with process systems and equipment. This position is open due to an internal promotion.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform mechanical design studies using AutoCad and Inventor 3D software on new designs and modifications and improvements to existing products, which can include load and stress calculations
- Analyze and select mechanical power transmission components (bearings, gear boxes, motors) for rotating equipment based on application and duty cycles
- Analyze product failures and recommend solutions and improvements
- Analyze products and recommend cost reduction design improvements for Lean Manufacturing
- Review Sales Orders for major products and confirm Engineering requirements
- Respond to customer requests for technical information on products previously supplied
- Research history of previously supplied products to assist Customer Service with field problems and Spare Parts quotations
- Assist manufacturing with Engineering related issues on manufactured products
- Review Engineering Change Orders, drawings, and bills of materials prepared by CAD Designers
- Assist Purchasing Department with queries related to material specifications
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 years of experience with design of heavy fabricated mechanical assemblies
- Experience with analyzing and selecting mechanical power transmission components based on application and duty cycles is a must. This includes but is not limited to: bearings, motors, rotating shafts and gearboxes. Pressure vessel experience is also a plus.
- Experience with Auto Cad and 3D software is required. Inventor is preferred.
- Experience working in an ERP system
The role is in a commutable distance to N. Cincinnati and Greater Dayton. At this time, we prefer candidates who can commute to the location. We will, though, consider relocation for the right experience. This is truly an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate.