New Business Development – Industrial Applications
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Are you a road warrior looking for a new opportunity to help grow a Global Manufacturer in the U.S.? Do you desire to work for an individual who will allow you to build your own road map and go after new business with the freedom to do so? Do you have strong contacts and relationships inside OEM markets?
If so, please consider this outstanding opportunity!
Our client is one of the leading international suppliers of sophisticated, high-performing drive solutions for machinery, equipment and mobile devices. As an innovative partner of the manufacturing industry, they specialize in the development and production of premium electric motors and gearboxes in hoisting technology and warehousing, material handling and e-mobility, biomass heating systems, as well as other industrial markets.
Innovation, sustainability, partnership and high flexibility are key success factors. More than 800 employees in several national and international production sites produce nearly 330,000 drive units annually for most diverse applications in machine and plant engineering.
The New Business Development – Industrial Applications role will be based in the US headquarters office in Cincinnati, Ohio and work closely with both customers and the German headquarters in order to develop, propose and execute suitable, reliable and attractive drive solutions. This individual plays a major technical and commercial role in the definition process of a new quotation.
He/she is responsible for outside sales activities to find new customers in “to be determined” industries including regular visits, attendance of exhibitions and other sales related responsibilities. The successful candidate will have strong existing contacts in the OEM market and will be able to develop and utilize these relationships to build new business opportunities.
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Identify target OEM markets, build business development plans based on past and future relationships therefore expanding business opportunities.
- Provide timely technical advice to customers during the sales process
- Provide clarification of the technical requirements of a customer’s drive application
- Coordinate the timely transfer of technical information from and to the headquarters in Germany.
- Deliver reliable and cost-effective technical solutions in form of a product for a drive application together with technical and production experts of the German headquarters
- Obtain production cost information from the German headquarters for a particular product to offer to the customer.
- Meet agreed upon new business targets
- Provide project management of successfully sold products and interaction with all involved departments at German headquarters.
- Take responsibility for the technical and commercial content of quotations
- Arrange customer visits on a regular basis
- Identify new industries and applications and develop plans to penetrate them
- Support and direct marketing activities such as trade shows, advertising, technical reports, etc. in to be determined industries.
- Support internal motor/gearbox warranty evaluations.
- 80% travel, frequently overnight (occasionally to corporate office in Germany)
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical preferred) or other technical discipline or relevant work experience with demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Demonstrated success generating new business with related products and industries; motor and gearbox industry experience preferred
- Strong existing contacts in OEM markets
- Outgoing and customer/client sales focused work approach
- Self-driven, independent work method
- Team player
- Driven to be successful
- Hungry and motivated
- Collaborative with team members and home office
- Strong follow-through
- Very hands-on
This is a unique opportunity to build a strong North American presence for a global market leader utilizing your current OEM contacts and building your own road map. The company offers a competitive compensation package with a base salary, bonus, a car allowance, and outstanding benefits. There is a strong preference for this role to be based in the Cincinnati office, but regional candidates will be considered.