Location:   Cincinnati, OH (relocation assistance if applicable)
Salary:   Excellent market-based salary plus significant annual bonus opportunity and possible long-term incentives
Our client is Sunesis Construction (sunesisconstruction.com) a privately-held heavy civil contractor with a reputation for executing difficult projects on time and under budget in both public and private sectors. Specializing in roadway construction, bridge construction and rehabilitation, underground infrastructure, earthen retention and sitework, the company has become one of the largest civil contractors in the Tri-State (OH, KY, IN) region.
The President will report to the CEO (also the sole owner) and lead a senior management team which includes the VP of Construction, Director of Operations, CFO, and Director of Administration. He/she will have responsibility for the profitable growth of the business through the expansion of current activities as well as the development of new business opportunities.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the senior management team
- Draw from prior experience to drive operational efficiency and identify opportunities for improvement in areas such as estimating, risk assessment, scheduling, project management, safety, etc.
- Understand, assess and manage risk, especially as the company grows into new project or service areas
- Lead expansion to new geographic markets or addition of services which leverage the company’s core expertise
- Engage in business development activities through networking, community involvement, and participation at key events
- Significant civil or excavation contracting and/or civil engineering experience (NOTE: candidates without this experience will not be prioritized)
- Company (or significant business unit) leadership w/ full scope P&L responsibility and evident track record of:
- Achieving profitable business growth (top and bottom line),
- Instilling / enhancing operational or process excellence, and
- Assessing and developing executive talent
- Proven leadership, mentorship and team building skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction Management or Engineering
- Proficiency in project management systems and software (e.g., scheduling, quality control, safety, estimating, etc.)
- “Face of the Organization” experience within the community and with key customers, significant vendors and other business partners
- Advanced degree a plus (e.g. MBA, Construction Management, Engineering)
- Play a leadership role in a financially sound, successful company poised for continued growth
- Collaborate with a team of passionate, hard-working, and talented senior leaders
- Financial and professional growth within a caring, family-friendly company culture