Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Metalphoto of Cincinnati (MPC), a division of Horizons Incorporated, is a dynamic growing manufacturer of custom durable metal and plastic nameplates, panels, overlays, labels, signs and other product identification components. For over 50 years, MPC has been providing high quality product identification to hundreds of customers such as Amazon, Hyundai, Lockheed Martin, Caterpillar, and Care Fusion. Their experience is their strength, providing them with the knowledge and capability to deliver the best solution for their customers’ product identification needs, with very high level of customer satisfaction and strong repeat business.
To support their growing business, MPC is seeking a Production Manager to be responsible for the overall quality and delivery of product. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Production Manager will utilize a hands-on team-based approach and enable the team with the tools and training needed to continue to produce very high-quality products and responsive service.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and directs day-to-day manufacturing operations, ensuring production meets the requirements of the customer.
- Work with the General Manager to establish staffing levels for all production departments. Prepares work schedules, assigns manpower, authorizes overtime, and controls costs in a manner which achieves goals.
- Supervises production personnel and provides leadership that builds a cohesive, engaged and motivated team. Striving to create and maintain a positive work environment consistent with MPC and Horizons culture; an environment in which employees are informed, treated fairly, and are relatively free of job-related anxiety.
- Monitors production quantity and quality throughout the day; making adjustments as necessary to maintain delivery schedules.
- Applies entrepreneurial thinking to problems. Finds unique solutions or approaches as corrective actions; encourages formal problem-solving techniques and lean concepts and tools to determine root causes of problems and drive improvement.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3-5 years in a manufacturing management or process improvement role, preferably in a job shop environment.
- Demonstrated success of managing, coordinating and directing a manufacturing company’s production team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or manufacturing related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must have demonstrated ability to solve problems and create effective solutions with multi-disciplinary teams and lead as a respected coach, facilitator and teacher.
- Ability to work hands-on in a small company environment.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing lean improvement projects.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is ready to make a difference within a small organization. Horizons Incorporated offers a competitive compensation and attractive benefit package that include dental insurance, 401k savings plan and paid time off.