Program and Business Manager, Council on Aging
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
THE OPPORTUNITY: Join the mission-driven team at Council on Aging, where no matter your role, you are valued as an integral part of our work improving quality of life and promoting independence for older adults and people with disabilities in our community.
- Want to work with one of the fastest growing populations in the United States?
- Have a desire to improve outcomes, promote independence and enhance quality of life for individuals of all ages?
- Want to work for an organization whose mission and values you believe in, and where you are respected and valued as an employee?
If your answer is yes, then Council on Aging has a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for you.
ABOUT COUNCIL ON AGING:
Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (COA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing quality of life for older adults, people with disabilities, their families and caregivers. We promote choice, independence; dignity and well-being through a range of services that help people remain in their homes for as long as possible.
Our mission: Enhance people’s lives by assisting them to remain independent at home through a range of quality services.
JOB SUMMARY: The Program and Business Managerprovides leadership that aligns operations with COA strategy, mission, and values. This position is responsible for providing leadership to staff through effective performance management, contract compliance, and quality monitoring. He/she develops and maintains relationships with the Program’s major funder and for ensuring contract compliance through effective monitoring and execution of contract requirements. Responsible for ensuring that departmental outcomes and goals are achieved.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures contract compliance as required by the funder.
- Ensures teams understand and are able to execute the department practices, strategic direction, mission, values and vision.
- Monitors and manages employees towards outcomes.
- Monitors and manages risks through problem solving.
- Ensures department is following policy and procedures.
- Manages department budget, program projections and deficits.
- Collaborates with Quality department to implement quality recommendations and contract compliance requirements.
- Researches and identifies additional resources and funding opportunities to enhance department.
- Collaborates with Training department to ensure knowledge and skill development as required by contract/s.
- Develops a system to execute new requirements or opportunities.
- Ensures department functions, systems and staff is aligned to meet departmental and funding goals by using data and other information sources to forecast, plan and execute plans for ensuring appropriate staffing and performance levels.
- Monitors departmental needs, including staffing levels, productivity, performance, and staff training by using program statistics and reports to initiate operation changes to improve performance.
- Reviews different models and delivery systems in other areas of the state and country to identify new ideas and strategies to develop and/or improve department operations.
- Works closely with Business Managers, Operation Analyst, HR&T and staff to develop innovative solutions to develop program operations structure, processes and systems.
- Provides leadership to ensure the self-directed work teams have the information, vision, and authority to operate as a high functioning team that is supporting each other, identifying opportunities to take action on improvement.
- Collaborates with county Job and Family Service departments, Manage Care Organizations, Mental Health Boards, MRDD Boards, county levy program entities and outside agencies to deliver better care for the population we serve in the community.
- Manages departmental budget.
- Manages department costs and utilization to ensure compliance with agency goals and budgets.
- Develops, manages and monitors departmental spending to ensure it stays within budget and there is alignment of resources with agency priorities and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years equivalent experience with certification
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Social Worker required
- At least three years proven experience in performance management or monitoring
- Experience in contract interpretation and alignment
- Good at developing external relationships
- Managed Care experience a plus.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and systems thinking skills.
- Demonstrated strong contract compliance skills
- At least three years’ experience in health care, social services, geriatrics or an appropriate substitute. Nursing home or long term care experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient in computer systems including use of MS Word and Excel. An ability to learn new software.
- Problem solving, conflict management and organizational skills.
- Good oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong in decision making and initiative