Program Executive - Behavioral Healthcare
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you looking for an opportunity to join the leadership team of a well-regarded leader in the delivery of behavioral healthcare services?
- Do you have a passion for helping individuals and families confront and overcome the challenges of mental health and substance abuse problems?
- Are you a confident, decisive leader who inspires your team to achieve great outcomes as well as personal growth?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, supportive culture?
Our client provides substance abuse and mental health services to residents of the Greater Cincinnati community. Clients will experience a variety of services, including individual sessions, group counseling, family counseling, crisis intervention, and case management. Residential and outpatient settings are available based on the client’s need.
This position oversees all aspects of agency operations and is responsible for maintaining the highest standard of care for patients. The Program Executive is directly responsible for the clinical, operational and fiscal management of the full continuum of behavioral health services provided in community, outpatient and residential settings. Direct reports include the Director of Clinical Services and the Director of Operations.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement strategic plans that meet business goals and objectives created in partnership with the leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Inspires and motivates others to support the mission and achieve high performance standards.
- Creates a culture of accountability, communication and transparency throughout the organization.
- Engages the community in the mission of the organization by fostering relationships with key stakeholders, including local boards, funders, government agencies, partner agencies.
- Effectively builds and promotes the brand of the organization to advance the mission.
- Actively participates in the full lifecycle of human resource management (recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, supervision and termination); anticipates staffing needs and accurately assesses and manages the resource allocation of personnel.
- Effectively allocates resources and provides staff with support and tools to complete job functions; develops performance targets and manages to those targets; delegates work assignments, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides consistent feedback to staff and teams;
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously; determines prioritization of projects and urgency with which they are completed; creates clear project plans and organizes and manages the work effectively.
- Directs, plans, coordinates, develops and monitors multiple locations and services in accordance with the contract, licensing, certification, accreditation, and agency standards.
- Uses evidence-based models to drive program development, implementation and ensure fidelity to best practices.
- Provides technical assistance in program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Enhances collaboration and cooperation between service lines and partner organizations to ensure service integration.
- Monitors and completes all reports according to requirements.
- Analyzes and responds to data through the continuous quality improvement process and effectively engages teams in the improvement process; communicates and promotes the efforts and outcomes of those initiatives.
- Plans, directs and controls financial resources; follows fiscal policies and procedures; actively seeks new opportunities for funding; manages revenue effectively to maximize reimbursement; monitors expenses to budget.
- Assures policies and procedures for operations are in compliance with all appropriate local, state, and federal regulations.
- Manages, monitors and evaluates the organization’s compliance and responds accordingly.
- Prepares and participates in site audits and surveys.
- Actively leads and participates in the continuous quality improvement processes.
- Provides oversight of clinical records management.
- Ensures quality clinical documentation in accordance with contract, regulator and agency requirements.
- Maintains all necessary documentation as required by OMHAS, CARF, and professional licenses (if applicable), and does so in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education & Experience Required
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or Social Sciences related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience.
- Experience in behavioral health and Ohio Behavioral Health Re-Design is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Strategic Thinking: offers advice and creates plans based on analysis of issues and trends, and how these link to the responsibilities, capabilities, and potential of the organization.
- Judgement: makes sound decisions based on facts; analyzes problems skillfully and uses logic to reach solutions.
- Problem Solving: anticipates problems; sees how a problem and its solution impacts the organization; weighs alternative solutions and arrives at reasonable decisions; adapts well to changing priorities; analyzes practices and procedures for improvement opportunities;
- Leadership: inspires and motivates others to high performance; accepts feedback from others; promotes the mission of the organization.
- Management: maximizes organizational effectiveness.
- Clinical Skills: implements appropriate strategies to address patient needs focusing on access and quality of service delivery systems; demonstrates competency and understanding of clinical best practice approaches; ensures compliance with clinical practice regulatory requirements.
- Communication: Effectively communicates utilizing multiple methods and strategies; adapts and tailors communication based on the audience; keeps staff informed of key initiatives and agency projects.
- Teamwork: encourages integration of multi-disciplinary and cross functional teams;
- Organization: Manages multiple projects simultaneously; determines prioritization of projects and urgency with which they are completed; creates clear project plans and organizes and manages the work effectively.
- Quality of Work: maintains high standards of ethical practice; meets accuracy standards and meets deadlines.
- Fiscal Management: plans, directs and controls financial resources;
- Diversity & Inclusion: Treats all people with respect and dignity; values and seeks out diverse perspectives; applies standards fairly; encourages unique skills and talents; leverages opportunities to learn from others.
- Effective leadership and management practices.
- Behavioral health and health care delivery systems.
- The use of electronic health records documentation software (EHR).
- Play a key role in the growth and success of the organization.
- Be a leader in a field that is becoming more challenging and complex every day.
- Make a difference in the health and prosperity of the broader community.
- Enjoy a healthy balance of personal and professional growth.