Project Executive / VP - Commercial Real Estate Development
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Corporex, headquartered in Covington KY, is a privately held real estate investment company with broad holdings throughout the United States. It was founded over 50 years ago by William P. Butler, who serves as President and CEO Today. Currently Corporex controls over $1.4 B in real estate investments located in 20 major markets throughout the United States, but with a concentration in Greater Denver and Cincinnati areas.
The Project Executive will have direct responsibility for leading and organizing all development and total activities for the OVATION project in Newport, Kentucky. Ovation is a world-class, mixed-use development consisting of entertainment, retail, office, hotel and residential located on an elevated parking structure overlooking the Ohio River and Downtown Cincinnati. The Company intends to act as Master Developer, developing the parking structure, the podium and certain of the vertical components of the development. The Company shall also select other third-party developers to participate in the vertical development.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary responsibility of this role is to drive all components of the project forward with a high sense of urgency. More specifically, those responsibilities would include:
- Develop comprehensive business plan in detail, organize and manage both operational and financial components within the approved budgets.
- Prepare and manage forward projections and proformas as integral to business plans above.
- Prepare budgets, proformas, annual business plans, etc. as required for the development of the project and manage, hands-on, with accountability for cost control, etc.
- Establish project schedules and “action agendas” to ensure good communication among all team members and to ensure the timely completion of all work.
- Supervising and directing all outside consultants involved in the design of the master plan for the development. This work would include the negotiation of the final agreements with the architectural and civil engineering consultants as well as directing the phased design process to achieve the owner’s design intent in the most expedited, efficient manner.
- Coordinate and direct the process of involvement of the various stake-holders in the design and approval process including but not limited to: the Corps of Engineers, State of Kentucky Department of Transportation, all local utility agencies, City of Newport, Campbell County, Neighborhood Groups and Associations, etc.
- Secure the remaining targeted parcels located within the OVATION area.
- Secure all required entitlements, zone changes, variances and other approvals necessary to permit the development.
- Direct and scope the market studies necessary to complete the initial programming for the master plan and later as necessary for each phase of the vertical development.
- Contract for any additional environmental and/or archeological studies that may become necessary, if any.
- Direct activities of Corporex’s construction group to cause accurate estimates for construction work necessary and later contract for the Construction Management and General Contracting as required for both the infrastructure improvements as well as the vertical developments.
- Finalize all issues involving the Tax Increment Financing and the work involved with the issuance of the related bonds and/or financing for funding.
- With assistance of Company’s Marketing Team develop a marketing plan for the overall development as well as for each of the various vertical developments sectors.
- Develop a design theme and associated guidelines for design, architecture, materials usage, signage and other uniform standards required for this type of mixed-use development.
- Implement RFQ’s and RFP’s for use in the selection of qualified developers for those sections of the development which owner wishes to make available to third-party developers.
- Direct the loan draw process for all aspects of the development ensuring timely funding of the Company’s work while completely protecting the owner’s interest.
- Direct the financial reporting process to the owner to ensure regular, accurate and timely reporting.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Real Estate or Business.
- MBA Preferred
- 10+ years working with commercial mixed-use construction and development REQUIRED