Sr Project Manager / Project Manager
Location:   Richfield, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Are looking to manage multiple construction project simultaneously? Do you want a great career path? Do you want to work for a company that prides itself on exceeding client’s expectations for professionalism, performance, product, and service?
Our client is a fast paced, highly successful national developer with a thriving office, industrial, retail and multi-family portfolio. This position is based near Cleveland, OH and offers a variety of benefits inclusive of competitive salary, bonus eligibility, benefit availability, free parking, on-site gym, gym membership and the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of people. Currently, the largest management services company headquartered in the state of Ohio, their portfolio has over 90 million square feet of assets in 28 states. The profile includes Commercial Office & Retail, Industrial, Warehouse, and Multi-Family properties.
The Sr Project Manager / Project Manager has responsibility for overall turnkey management of specified commercial and industrial construction project(s). S/he may oversee multiple construction projects simultaneously, each at varying stages. S/he may be required to perform project management and estimating functions, assist in preparing scopes of work, proposals, and change orders, and will be responsible for red-lining as-built plans when necessary. The ideal candidate will be willing to participate in all aspects of company business, be relentlessly proactive, seek a growing scope of responsibility, and be able to multi-task.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements project estimates, budgets and scopes of work.
- Negotiates all subcontracts including analyses of bids to ensure complete and accurate quotes for scopes of work. Creatively seek to gain better pricing and/or value engineering opportunities.
- Provides subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors with schedules to achieve project goals.
- Pre-qualifies subcontractors, including but not limited to, checking references and work experience.
- Provides scheduling and coordination for each project including daily monitoring of progress (every aspect of the project).
- Reviews all plans and specifications to achieve the most cost-effective project/s.
- Manages project staffing, outlines project plans, budgets, specifications, deadlines, logistic plans, and schedules.
- Provides all required documentation throughout the construction process.
- Monitors, implements, and evaluates all on site project safety with subcontractors.
- Maintains accurate record keeping and delivery of final paper work (O&M Manual), which is required to be complete, accurate, timely and orderly.
- Ensures all construction projects are completed per the construction schedule.
- Effectively and professionally works with clients and customers resulting in exceptional levels of customer service.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline
- Preferred 3+ years of experience in a similar or equal position
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction practices and skills.
- Relevant experience in construction management and/or engineering.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills required
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office programs, specifically MS Word, Excel, and Project
- Must be self-motivated and punctual
- Must be professional in appearance and speech