Location:   Cleveland OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   January 7, 2019
Are looking for autonomy in your next accounting role in Commercial Real Estate? Do you want a great career path? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment with opportunities to work with highly talented professionals in a team-oriented culture? This position may be a fit if you can bring immediate value through industry knowledge and a self-initiated approach.
Our client is a fast paced, highly successful national developer with a thriving office, industrial, retail and multi-family portfolio. This position is based in Cleveland, OH and offers a variety of benefits inclusive of competitive salary, bonus eligibility, benefit availability, free parking, on-site gym, gym membership and the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of people.
This position is responsible for the accounting of real estate assets. The position is generally responsible for the closing the books and records for approximately 12-15 properties and all ancillary accounting related to these assets.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducting the overall property management accounting and finance functions for your designated portfolio of properties.
- Working with the Property Managers to prepare and manage the annual property budgets, forecasting for any significant changes, variance analysis and enforcement of the financial elements of the tenant leases, utility expense and recovery calculations and rent statement back up.
- Ensure expenses are properly recorded.
- Implement sound cash management practices, balance property check registers, ensure variance analysis explanations are accurate, assist in the quarterly and annual reporting processes, and perform annual CAM analysis.
- Become proficient in the use and operation of the Company’s designated accounting system (MRI), and assist managers with the job costing module of MRI.
- Perform a certain amount of administrative duties which may either be focused on your portfolio of properties, a certain functional area or some other way that IRG RA chooses to split its administrative tasking.
- Work on special projects that will surface from time to time.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-7 years of accounting experience, preferably in the Real Estate Industry
- Be conscientious about achieving deadlines/has accurate work product.
- Assume accountability for specific performance.
- Good written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Detail oriented and very analytical and strong organizational skills
- Understand variance analysis when comparing actual to budget or historic results.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel
- MRI Software experience a plus