Regional Director of Operations
Location:   Indianapolis, IN
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you a fanatic about providing unmatched customer service to demanding clientele?
- Do you bring an owner’s mentality to work every day?
- Can you embrace and lead a diverse team of managers, supervisors and hourly employees?
- Have you been successful managing multi-location operations?
- Is the idea of having weekends off attractive to you?
If you’ve answered yes to all the above, read on….
CLIENT SUMMARY: Our client is a dynamic and innovative, privately-held Midwestern company that has been providing facility services to corporate offices for more than 50 years. They exclusively focus on medical and Class A office space in both multi-tenanted and owner-occupied facilities.
JOB SUMMARY: This position requires inspirational leadership and presents a wide array of challenges that will drive professional development and growth. The Director will manage a team of managers, supervisors and a total staff of 200+ hourly employees deployed primarily during evening hours. The Director will also be responsible for client relations throughout the Indianapolis market. To learn the business, the Director will work every evening (Monday through Friday) during an initial orientation period which may last several months. Afterwards, he/she will continue to be a visible “full evening shift” presence a few times each week, but will devote more time to client relationships (interactions that occur largely during normal business hours).
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own operations and client relations for the entire Indianapolis market
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with all client companies in the market
- Lead, support and engage a diverse team of managers, supervisors and employees with a genuine passion for excellence and positivity
- Apply solutions-oriented (root cause) problem solving techniques to daily operations challenges
- Maintain a focus on standard operating procedures to provide unmatched quality and service
- Provide guidance and partnership to the sales team to develop new business in the market
- Build a pipeline of talent to support growth and excellence
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience leading a diverse team of hourly employees (catering, hotel, food or facilities management experience could be very relevant)
- Demonstrated track record of delivering exceptional client service
- High energy, with ability to work a varied schedule between days and evenings based on operational demands
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Managing teams at multiple locations a plus
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a benefit
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
OTHER COMMENTS: This is a key management role in our client’s largest market. The successful candidate will have the opportunity for significant financial and professional growth.